Windows 10: task manager

Discus and support task manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I control the content of the task manager? How do I control if a disable program in task manager becomes a running program ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DimitriosKastis, Apr 8, 2021.

1. task manager

How do I control the content of the task manager? How do I control if a disable program in task manager becomes a running program ?

:)

DimitriosKastis, Apr 8, 2021

2. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Apr 8, 2021
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Apr 8, 2021
  4. infrared Win User

task manager

task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink task manager ;)

infrared, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

task manager

1. task manager - Similar Threads - task manager

2. task manager dont show the correct cpu load and the right frequencies.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager dont show the correct cpu load and the right frequencies.: task manager says cpu load is 99% but, third party programs say it is 9%; same thing for the frequencies the task manager shows 3.78GHz but instead the frequencies are 4.20GHz [MOVED from It-It to En-Us]...
  3. No programs appearing in Startup setting page or in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    No programs appearing in Startup setting page or in Task Manager: Not a single program appears in the Startup setting page or in Task Manager. I can still edit the little sorting tool for programs name, status, startup impact I've done a fresh reset of windows deleting all of my programs but keeping files. I've updated all drivers and...
  4. How do i really solve Task Manager "Not Responding" constantly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i really solve Task Manager "Not Responding" constantly?: I have had problems with my task manager for more than ayear, but it is not until recently that it has already brought me to a breakingpoint, I thought that maybe if I reinstalled my Operating System, it would stopgiving me the same annoyance. But there was no way to prevent...
  5. I've uninstalled my Bluetooth from task manager and cant put it back.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've uninstalled my Bluetooth from task manager and cant put it back.: My Bluetooth wasn't working and so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. When I deleted the driver labeled "QUALCOMM something something" under the Bluetooth tab, my Bluetooth tab in task manager vanished and I think its gone for good. I tried reinstalling the...
  6. What is Program in Startup tab in Task Manager on Windows 10? Is it safe?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Program in Startup tab in Task Manager on Windows 10? Is it safe?: If you open Task Manager and go to the Startup tab, it lists the programs that are registered in the Startup group or the Run key to run automatically when you sign in. But you might see an entry called simply Program, with a blank icon and no publisher. In this post, we...
  7. What is NcsiUwpApp in task manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is NcsiUwpApp in task manager?: When I open Task Manager I sometimes see NcsiUwpApp and Ncsi, what are they? Also, I see the Office app open itself and I'm not completely sure if applications can open themselves. Could a virus or malware open these apps? I have Malwarebytes and Avast Antivirus, Malware...
  8. Find Power Hogs and apps using high battery with Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Find Power Hogs and apps using high battery with Task Manager in Windows 10: While working with Windows 10, one may realize that every once in a while that our system responds a little late especially when we are using a battery-operated system like a laptop. There are times when there is a particular task that ends up fetching all the resources of...
  9. PowerShell showing up on start up on task manager why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerShell showing up on start up on task manager why?: I tried Malwarebytes they said "The service is not normal but the contents of the script seem normal. It's possible that it is/was some sort of Manufacturer setup script but not sure so I will remove it." then I re-installed my win10 but it still showing and removed it from...
  10. Why does CPU usage spike to 100% when launching Task Manager?

in Windows 10 News
    Why does CPU usage spike to 100% when launching Task Manager?: If you’ve ever launched Task Manager only to watch your CPU usage hit 100% and stay there, you may have wondered why this sudden mystery spike in system resource usage occurs. After all, Task Manager is a lightweight program that you can run with little impact on system...