Windows 10: Task Manager's "App History" tab is empty. "No Data Available"

Discus and support Task Manager's "App History" tab is empty. "No Data Available" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, As mentionned in the title, I just noticed that the App History tab in Windows Task Manager is empty on my system. I used the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PhobosAnomaly, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Task Manager's "App History" tab is empty. "No Data Available"

Hi there,

As mentionned in the title, I just noticed that the App History tab in Windows Task Manager is empty on my system.

I used the Microsoft Upgrade assistant on 11/11 to get the latest update while clearing a few problems I had with my installation.

The tab mentions the date, so I guess it did reset, but for a reason I ignore, it's plain empty, showing "No Data Available" instead of the app list.

I'm trying to remember what I did beside the upgrade, except reinstalling a bunch of softwares, removing / disabling some UWP apps (Cortana might be related ?), I don't see anything that could have affected this feature.

Windows Version:

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (64bits)
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Thanks for your help !

:)

PhobosAnomaly, Nov 17, 2020
  2. cbmudd10 Win User

Task manager App History tab

Hi, In task manager on the app history tab I have a listing called Uninstalled Processes. In has used about 58 minutes of Cpu time since I cleared the history about a week ago. Any Idea how I can find out what the uninstalled processes are or any info on this at all.. Thanks...

cbmudd10, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Task Manager's "App History" tab is empty. "No Data Available"

Task Scheduler History keeps getting disabled for my tasks

Task Scheduler History keeps getting disabled for my tasks

i also found the listed this issue listed.

i try to update my command and could not.

i found a recommendation to enable . here -->

"Step 1: Open an elevated Task Scheduler (ie. right-click on the Task Scheduler icon and choose Run as administrator)

Step 2: In the Actions pane (right
    pane, not the actions tab),
    click Enable All Tasks History"

How can I enable the Windows Server Task Scheduler History recording?

not sure if it is persistent.

Handy Manny, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager's "App History" tab is empty. "No Data Available"

1. Task Manager's "App History" tab is empty. "No Data Available" - Similar Threads - Task Manager's App

2. Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty: Hi all! From a month ago I find when open the Task Manager TM, it does not show any process in "Processes" tab. If I start TM immediately after reboot/logon, it shows everything correctly, until I close and try to open again. Then the tab is empty. I find a...
  3. Empty Startup in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Startup in Task Manager: Hi, There are no startup Programs being shown Task Manager except for a single Program named "program" and when I try opening them through Settings its empty no Programs are shown there as well . Can anybody please help me regarding this issue? I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  4. Hide the empty drive slots from the Performance Tab in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hide the empty drive slots from the Performance Tab in Task Manager?: The Performance Tab in Task Manager on my PC includes empty card reader slots as drives. How do I hide the empty slots/drives from the Performance Tab in Task Manager? Included in the tab are: CPU Memory Disc 0 (C: D:) Disk 1 (J:) Disk 2 (E:) Disk 3 (F:) Disk 4 (H:)...
  5. Task Manager Process tab is empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Manager Process tab is empty: I have been having this problem for at least the last year. Task Manager shows information on all tabs *except* the process tab which is empty. I have run SFC and DISM scanhealth and restorehealth in that order and it will work on the next reboot for one to two days. It...
  6. Task Manager Memory tab not reporting Double Data Rate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Memory tab not reporting Double Data Rate: Hi, Task Manager is reporting a memory speed of 933 MHz instead of 1866 MHz. This value has always been the Double Data Rate, correct? According to CPUZ & Speccy the memory is running at 1866 MHz. The BIOS also reports 1866 MHz. A number of similar threads indicate that Task...
  7. Task Manager Not Available

Task Manager Not Available: So was given a HP Probook g3 laptop from my company as they were upgrading to newer machines. I installed a clean version of Windows 10 Pro on it. But cannot get Task Manager to work. I have gone into gpedit and disabled the group policy and went into the registry and did the...
  8. Task Manager Not Available

Task Manager Not Available: So I recently installed Windows 10 Pro and upgraded to 1803 (I Think The Latest Release). Now for some reason I do not have the option to run Task Manager from right clicking and the option for Task Manager is there however is not clickable. Same for when I do CTRL+ALT+DEL...
  9. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...
  10. Task manager App History tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager App History tab: Hi, In task manager on the app history tab I have a listing called Uninstalled Processes. In has used about 58 minutes of Cpu time since I cleared the history about a week ago. Any Idea how I can find out what the uninstalled processes are or any info on this at all.....