Windows 10: Task Scheduler and question on authorities

Discus and support Task Scheduler and question on authorities in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a few issues with my new PC - unfortunately HP have not been useful. I have a batch job to robocopy from my D drive to my W drive network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimEaston99, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Task Scheduler and question on authorities

I have a few issues with my new PC - unfortunately HP have not been useful.

I have a batch job to robocopy from my D drive to my W drive network connected. The program sits in my C drive Desktop. When I run the batch file directly it works fine. When I put it in Task Scheduler it runs but comes up with Error 3 - Creating Destination Directory w:\..... The system cannot find the file specified.

I am running under highest privileges.

Any help will be appreciated.

Another issue is that I have which may be part of the same issue, which I think might be authorities - if not please ignore.

I have several computers on the local network. Each can access files on the other - except for the new one. All other computers can access the files on the new one, and the new one "sees" the others but does not have access to libraries or files.

:)

JimEaston99, Mar 1, 2021

2. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Task Scheduler and question on authorities

Task Scheduler History keeps getting disabled for my tasks

Task Scheduler History keeps getting disabled for my tasks

i also found the listed this issue listed.

i try to update my command and could not.

i found a recommendation to enable . here -->

"Step 1: Open an elevated Task Scheduler (ie. right-click on the Task Scheduler icon and choose Run as administrator)

Step 2: In the Actions pane (right
    pane, not the actions tab),
    click Enable All Tasks History"

How can I enable the Windows Server Task Scheduler History recording?

not sure if it is persistent.

Handy Manny, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Task Scheduler and question on authorities

1. Task Scheduler and question on authorities - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler question

2. Task Scheduler question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler question: I am not getting any answers for the Task Scheduler question and I don't think I will ever get it. Do you think re-posting the question will help? I don't know what to do....
  3. Task Scheduler question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler question: I am not getting any answers for the Task Scheduler question and I don't think I will ever get it. Do you think re-posting the question will help? I don't know what to do....
  4. Task scheduler and Onedrive (uninstalled) question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler and Onedrive (uninstalled) question.: [ATTACH] scheduler Is it normal to still have a schedule for it even if it's not installed anymore? submitted by /u/wiseude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lpl8o3/task_scheduler_and_onedrive_uninstalled_question/
  5. Task Wizard Scheduling question

Task Wizard Scheduling question: Hi everybody I have set up a scheduled task to shut down my computer every day in the middle of the night while on a Skype call with a significant other. I was wondering, does that damage my laptop in any way because the skype call is still ongoing when the command executes...
  6. Scheduled Tasks being deleted by NT AUTHORITY\System

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scheduled Tasks being deleted by NT AUTHORITY\System: Good Afternoon, Hoping someone can shed some light on this mystery! In basics, I have two scheduled tasks set by group policy to call upon a .bat script. However, one keeps being deleted by 'NT AUTHORITY\System account for seemingly no reason. This only affects one task...
  7. Win Task Scheduler noob question

Win Task Scheduler noob question: Hello, I would like to start a specific sound file (mp3) with the VLC media player at a predefined time. I already managed to tell the Task Scheduler to open the player, but I dont know how to tell him that the sound file should be opened within the player. I tried to enter...
  8. Task Scheduler question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler question.: I would like to run a helper app when another app is run How do i do this with Task Scheduler? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-question/b970ab0f-1a97-4526-a547-74e638e07d5c
  9. Task Scheduler Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler Question: One of my desktops will not let me schedule a task using my Microsoft Account. Instead, it shows the Desktop account assigned under System Name in System Information. I am signed in with MS Account and it is the ONLY user showing under Control Panel Users, but Task Scheduler...
  10. 2 Task Scheduler questions

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Task Scheduler questions: A shortcut address of Task Scheduler is %windir%\system32\taskschd.msc /s. 1. What does the /s do? 2. How can I make a shortcut to open Task Scheduler to Task Scheduler Library/XUAC (or other subdirectory)? 84328