Windows 10: Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

Discus and support Task Scheduler Asking for a Password in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AllanKremer, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task scheduler asking for a password; for me, they all seemed to be locked from additional responses. To clarify, this isn't a question, this is the solution that I found for myself.I don't know if the previous responses helped anyone else out, but what I did to solve the issue was to navigate to within "Create Task" that is the General Tab, click on "Change User or Group...", in the new popup window click on "Advanced", in the new popup window click on

:)

AllanKremer, Nov 30, 2022
  2. kwb737 Win User

Task Scheduler Password

In the past with Task scheduler I never had to do that and it worked fine but I did as you suggested and had the same result.

kwb737, Nov 30, 2022
  3. surfing69 Win User
    Task Scheduler asking for password ?

this is completely baffling.

Why should i be asked to provide a user name and password when I am already logged in as the administrator?

I tried to change certain properties of teh Macrium schedule in Task scheduler but it kept asking for login details. The properties said for it to run whether or not the user was logged in or not - screen shots below

Task Scheduler Asking for a Password 8124f7e7-e853-4072-afa4-30471de3b67c?upload=true.jpg

Task Scheduler Asking for a Password 95d8b8fc-6066-4f0f-8189-073ace981e8c?upload=true.jpg

Every time i try and change something in these screens I am asked for a username/password but apart from the fact that I think I should not be asked for these details. I cannot find the right combination that grants me access. I have tried my User account
    email address and password and/or PIN but these dont work.

I have come across many articles on the internet about changing properties of tasks in Task scheduler but none of them have mentioned anything about being pressed for login details.

Very curious.

I even created a dummy task in task scheduler using my user name + password but when I tried to edit the properties I was asked for login details. Why?

Is this another peculiarity of windows 10??

surfing69, Nov 30, 2022
  4. surfing69 Win User

Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

Task Scheduler asking for password ?

I wanted to change a property of a task in Task Scheduler but I was asked to input user name and password.

Task Scheduler Asking for a Password 1f812560-5cfe-4438-895a-730b3b2cba16?upload=true.jpg

I only have one machine and I am the administrator so I don't understand. However i did try and use the email address and password for my User account but this failed . Also tried the PIN and this also failed

I suspect the reason for this is that the scheduler is set to SYSTEM as user account - dont know how to change this (alyhi this may not be possible???)

Help anyone?

surfing69, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

1. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Asking

2. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler asks for password: Hi there!When I create a task and select the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' it asks for an admin user and password, which I don't know.I am the only user for my computer....
  3. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler asks for password: Hi there!When I create a task and select the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' it asks for an admin user and password, which I don't know.I am the only user for my computer....
  4. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Asking for a Password: I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task scheduler asking for a password; for me, they all seemed to be locked from additional responses. To clarify, this isn't a question,...
  6. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

Task Scheduler Asking for a Password: I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task scheduler asking for a password; for me, they all seemed to be locked from additional responses. To clarify, this isn't a question,...
  7. Task Scheduler Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Password: When I use to use my task scheduler to create a task I never had to enter a password at the end. I just clicked on the blank space and I was good to go. I recently had a problem with my Desktop PC that required me to do a reinstall of windows 10. Now I get an error message...
  8. Task Scheduler asks for username and password, doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler asks for username and password, doesn't work: In trying to create a UAC bypass with task scheduler, I came across a problem. Task Scheduler asks for a password.I searched many forums, and the solutions never worked, which led me to create a question myself. I am trying to run with the highest privileges, except there is...
  9. Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password

Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password: Hi, I'm trying to run a node.js script on a regular basis. I'm following a tutorial on how to do so and everything was going well until I got an unexpected popup. From further deduction, when I check this box: [ATTACH] I am then prompted with this message when trying to...
  10. Task Scheduler asking for password ?

Task Scheduler asking for password ?: I wanted to change a property of a task in Task Scheduler but I was asked to input user name and password. [ATTACH] I only have one machine and I am the administrator so I don't understand. However i did try and use the email address and password for my User account but...