Windows 10: Task Scheduler Cannot be Started in Services - Local Computer is not available

Discus and support Task Scheduler Cannot be Started in Services - Local Computer is not available in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Many have asked and have been answered, but it says that I do not have the correct Windows to complete. I have Windows 10 Home Fast Ring THANKS!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ron33907, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Ron33907 Win User

Task Scheduler Cannot be Started in Services - Local Computer is not available

Many have asked and have been answered, but it says that I do not have the correct Windows to complete. I have Windows 10 Home Fast Ring

THANKS!

Log Name: Application
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP
    Date: 9/15/2018 3:23:42 AM
    Event ID: 16385
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: T***F*D**
    Description:
    Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2118-08-22T07:23:42Z. Error Code: 0x80041315.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP" Guid="{E23B33B0-C8C9-472C-A5F9-F2BDFEA0F156}" EventSourceName="Software Protection Platform Service" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">16385</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-09-15T07:23:42.488652700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1913</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>TAMPAFLDAD</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>0x80041315</Data>
    <Data>2118-08-22T07:23:42Z</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

Ron33907, Sep 15, 2018

2. Task Scheduler service will not start.

ok, first, Restart is grayed out when i try to right click, only start is available. every time i select that i get the same "The Task Scheduler Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some
    services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs" message.

already tried SFC before asking, did not work. tried DISM, and that solved nothing.

grimdragon2001, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Task Scheduler service will not start.

first, the computer does update regularly but its hard to say if this started directly after one

second, the exact error message is "The Task Scheduler Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs"

third, Running the Task Scheduler program doesn't seem to have any effect, and the first thing to come up when i do is a message saying "Unable to connect to remote computer"

grimdragon2001, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Task Scheduler Cannot be Started in Services - Local Computer is not available

"Task scheduler service is not available."?!

Hi,

I would suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and then start the Task Scheduler service.

a. Type “services.msc” in start search box and press enter.

b. Locate the Task Scheduler service.

c. Open the Task Scheduler service and click on “Start” button.

d. Set the Startup type to “Automatic”.

e. Click OK.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Task Scheduler Cannot be Started in Services - Local Computer is not available

1. Task Scheduler Cannot be Started in Services - Local Computer is not available - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Cannot

2. Task Scheduler service will not start no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler service will not start no matter what: I've had this issue for a bit over a year now, I've just never bothered to fix it because I never had an use for the service to begin with, but a lot of apps depend on it to be running and I'm now not even able to use NVIDIA ShadowPlay because of it, which is one of the few...
  3. Task Scheduler service will not start no matter what

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Scheduler service will not start no matter what: I've had this issue for a bit over a year now, I've just never bothered to fix it because I never had an use for the service to begin with, but a lot of apps depend on it to be running and I'm now not even able to use NVIDIA ShadowPlay because of it, which is one of the few...
  4. task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-service-on-local-computer-started/0153b5c5-4306-418a-b181-df6584a523af
  5. task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-service-on-local-computer-started/0153b5c5-4306-418a-b181-df6584a523af
  6. task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Task scheduler service is not available -> resolved now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler service is not available -> resolved now: I have created this to inform you about some already closed community entrys likeTask Scheduler service is not available. Task Scheduler will attemt to - Microsoft...
  8. the task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped.: I want to update my Nvidia drivers but it tells me to run the task scheduler. Once I run the task scheduler in the services.msc it gives me this error. I have tried multiple things such as updating, command prompt commands, etc. Help?...
  9. Task Scheduler on Local Computer has started and then stopped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler on Local Computer has started and then stopped: I am trying to install/update Nvidia Geforce but always getting this error "Nvidia installer cannot continue - Windows task scheduler service should be running to continue. Please start the service and try again." I went on Services and tried starting Task Scheduler and...
  10. Error: "Task Scheduler service is not available."

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error: "Task Scheduler service is not available.": Without any apparent reason (no update, no new software installed") the task scheduler issues this message, followed by "Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it." Clicking OK repeats the message, clicking on X too, so the task scheduler can only be closed by killing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tasks service cannot be started