Windows 10: Task scheduler "configure for" option

Discus and support Task scheduler "configure for" option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As title suggests, i have a doubt regarding that part of the task scheduler activities. I own a windows 10 OS and all my microsoft-made task are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrea Pitto, May 8, 2019.

1. Task scheduler "configure for" option

As title suggests, i have a doubt regarding that part of the task scheduler activities. I own a windows 10 OS and all my microsoft-made task are cofigured for like windows server 2008 and stuff like that, while there is, in each of those tasks, an option labeled precisely "windows 10". Why is that? Also, when creating a new task (like "execute Matlab at 12:00 every day"), should i use windows 10 or the original label (e.g. "windows vista and server 2008")?

:)

Andrea Pitto, May 8, 2019

2. Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, May 8, 2019
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, May 8, 2019
  4. Task scheduler "configure for" option

Cannot schedule a task with Task Scheduler - error 2147942403

Hi,

I suggest you to check the below settings and check fi it helps.

• In task scheduler, click on the scheduled job properties > then settings.
    • In the last listed option: "If the task is already running, the following rule applies:"
    • Select "Stop the existing instance" from the drop down list.
    • Save and Exit. Then check whether the task is running or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Task scheduler "configure for" option

1. Task scheduler "configure for" option - Similar Threads - Task scheduler configure

2. Task Schedule Security Option -- Meaning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Schedule Security Option -- Meaning: Hello,I discovered that a task is causing Windows credential to be deleted sporadically or on server restart... This is due to the security options: "Do not store password. The task will only have access to local resources"Though, I don't quite understand this setting so I...
  3. Task Schedule Security Option -- Meaning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Schedule Security Option -- Meaning: Hello,I discovered that a task is causing Windows credential to be deleted sporadically or on server restart... This is due to the security options: "Do not store password. The task will only have access to local resources"Though, I don't quite understand this setting so I...
  4. Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?: I have an HP Envy x360 laptop running Windows 10. Lately, my computer has been throwing up command prompt windows near the time when I start my computer up.I traced the problem down to a scheduled task called BatteryStatusCheck under HP Diagnostics. It is set to run at a...
  5. Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?: I have an HP Envy x360 laptop running Windows 10. Lately, my computer has been throwing up command prompt windows near the time when I start my computer up.I traced the problem down to a scheduled task called BatteryStatusCheck under HP Diagnostics. It is set to run at a...
  6. Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Task Scheduler Configuration

Task Scheduler Configuration: I've had a problem with my computer rebooting instead of Sleeping. In an effort to fix the issue, I noticed that the Task Scheduler is configured for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008. When I try to change the configuration to Windows 10, an Username/Password pop-up...
  8. Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool: So im going through my pc's with a comb (you've noticed if you are following this forum lol) and i came across this. Due to the fact I have 2 entries on this pc, and 1 on my backup pc, I "think" i know what it is, but I want to make sure as I dont recall them being there in...
  9. Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...

Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...: I am able to schedule tasks with the first option that is - run when the user is logged on. But when I try with the other option - run whether the user is logged on or not, it doesn't work....
  10. Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2: I needed to create a new task and schedule it. First time I've configured Windows for tasks, so I did a bit of exploration. I noticed a fair number of tasks were scheduled for these older versions of Windows. *Eek Will these tasks still run OK on my Win 10 Pro 64 system? Do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler configure for option

2. windows task scheduler configure for options

3. task scheduler options

4. windows task scheduler configure for,
  5. task scheduler configure for ,
  6. taskscheduler configure for Windows options,
  7. schedule configure for,
  8. windows scheduler configuration option,
  9. why in windows 10 task scheduler some not configured for windows 10,
  10. microsoft windows task scheduler 2019 configure for option what does it meaN?,
  11. should i configure my task scheduler for windows 10 or windows server 2008?,
  12. what does the windows task scheduler configure for option do,
  13. scheduled task command line configure for windows vista,
  14. configure for task scheduler,
  15. task scheduler configure for option command line