Windows 10: Task Scheduler - Create task to stop another task Windows 10

Discus and support Task Scheduler - Create task to stop another task Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have created a task in Task Scheduler in Windows that runs a small batch file at log on and re-runs every 10 minutes. This works fine as intended.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mike_371, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Mike_371 Win User

Task Scheduler - Create task to stop another task Windows 10

I have created a task in Task Scheduler in Windows that runs a small batch file at log on and re-runs every 10 minutes. This works fine as intended. But, now I want to setup this task to stop running when computer is idle for more than 30 minutes. In task configuration page I can find condition that only allows to start a program when idle, but I cannot find the option to stop when idle.

How do I create a task that starts to runs the batch file at logon every 10 minutes and stops if the computer is idle for more than 30 minutes.

Any solution is appreciated.

:)

Mike_371, Feb 6, 2020

2. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 6, 2020
  3. created a task scheduler task at the root Task Scheduler (Local) and can't delete it

Hi,

As per your concern to delete the scheduled task, try the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the task scheduler by pressing Windows + R
    keys, and type taskschd.msc

2. Click on the task scheduler(Local)
    in the left pane.

3. Now under the Active tasks, select the task you have created.

4. Double click on the task.

5. It will navigate you to the created task. Now, right click on the task, and click on
    delete option, and confirm it.

Do let us know the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Feb 6, 2020
  4. jgunning Win User

Task Scheduler Batch file

Hi all,

Looking for some help.Im creating a batch file to run for different users to add a scheduled task. HOWEVER - the whole thing works great and has done for some time.But after i run the batch file on each machine (different users) i have to go into the security options and change the user the task runs in to the unique user of that machine. Is there a way to use the batch file to pull the account name of the machine (or computer name) and use that as the user the task runs in?

Thanks =)

jgunning, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler - Create task to stop another task Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Create

2. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler needs password when creating a task: I am trying to create a scheduled task. I ran the task scheduler as administrator, I am also logged in as administrator. After I set everything up and click the OK button to create a scheduled task, a box pops up asking for my user name and password. I do not have password...
  3. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler needs password when creating a task: I am trying to create a scheduled task. I ran the task scheduler as administrator, I am also logged in as administrator. After I set everything up and click the OK button to create a scheduled task, a box pops up asking for my user name and password. I do not have password...
  4. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler: I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to...
  6. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler: I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to...
  7. Task Scheduler - Create task to STOP rather than START another task Windows 10

Task Scheduler - Create task to STOP rather than START another task Windows 10: I have created a task in Task Scheduler in Windows that runs a small batch file at log on and re-runs every 10 minutes. This works fine as intended. But, now I want to setup this task to stop running when computer is idle for more than 30 minutes. In task configuration page...
  8. Create a scheduled task with PowerShell

Create a scheduled task with PowerShell: Hello Microsoft team, I would like to create a scheduled task to restart PC on a daily basis. This would be run on a multiple devices running Windows 10. I think it's pretty handy to have it as a script via PowerShell ISE so I don't have to always create a tasks in all...
  9. Create task in task scheduler

Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  10. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create task in Task Scheduler: Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up. [img] I press OK, and this pops up: [img] Here is the transcript: "Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} The system cannot find the...