Windows 10: Task Scheduler doesn't start task

Discus and support Task Scheduler doesn't start task in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sterling R, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync Batch Files\MyCloud Backups.ffs_batch" the location of the batch file in the "Add Arguments optional:" field to schedule the run. I have it set to run whether or not user is logged in and given it the highest priority. When I right click on the task and say "Run" Task Scheduler says it is running but nothing happens.

:)

Sterling R, Feb 5, 2023

2. Task Scheduler service will not start.

Thank you for updating us. If Task Scheduler will not start, we suggest that you restart it. The service might be disabled that's why the task will not run. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot Task Scheduler.

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Services in the Start Search box.
    • Right-Click Services, and select Run as Administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click
      Continue.
    • Right-click the Task Scheduler Service and select Restart.
    And have you tried running the System File Checker scan as an Administrator. For more information check this
    article. You can also perform DISM after performing SFC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Task Scheduler doesn't start task

1. Task Scheduler doesn't start task - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler doesn't

2. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  3. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  4. Task Scheduler issue, new Task created doesn't apply at Start-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler issue, new Task created doesn't apply at Start-up: Hello WINDOWS 10 PRO H1/2021 version I am having a hard time to get a Tasks scheduling to actually proceed at Start-up I follow some guidance to set a Task schedule so I think I am doing things right but whatever I do to allow the program to launch after Windows reboot, its...
  5. Task scheduler started and then stopped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler started and then stopped: I have tried to restart my pc, the command sfc /scannow, all its dependencies are started. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-started-and-then-stopped/c93037d9-1f67-4608-83df-68be8f2da9df
  6. Task Scheduler python script - task starts and completes, but script doesn't run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler python script - task starts and completes, but script doesn't run: I have a simple script to change my wallpaper that I want to run every 24 hours (separate script that runs fine to download APOD daily). I'm on Windows 10. The script is a .pyw python file. If I run the script using IDLE or simply manually running it by double clicking, it...
  7. Task Scheduler is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  8. Task scheduler won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler won't start: I have the problem whare the task scheduler in services is set to automatice but fails to start and log in is greyed out. I have tried many solutions and none have worked. However I did find a solution and it was down to my own error. I used a program called DISMPP-10 and...
  9. Task Scheduler doesn't run program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler doesn't run program: I'm running a task schedule to run a program at a certain time. It worked great in windows 7 but since I upgraded to 10 nothing happens when the task is run. I've run SFC and Dism see below and no problems found. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....
  10. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Will Not Start: Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update. When I try to start it from services I get that error. [img] When I try to launch the task scheduler...