Windows 10: Task Scheduler error

Discus and support Task Scheduler error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Each time an attempt is made to change an existing/working entry that I have created in Task Scheduler it reports "invalid parameter." Same thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgus, Nov 17, 2015.

1. borgus Win User

Task Scheduler error

Each time an attempt is made to change an existing/working entry that I have created in Task Scheduler it reports "invalid parameter."

Same thing occurs when importing a previously exported, working entry that I created, which necessitates deletion and recreation of the task.

Some (not all) other tasks, created by Microsoft or third parties, do not exhibit this restriction. What's causing it?

:)

borgus, Nov 17, 2015
  2. Kerberos. Win User

Windows 10 Backup Fails 0x80041313

Fix that worked for me for same problem.

Try and start Task Scheduler, it will give errors say cant find task or task no longer exisits.

for each error use regedit to delete the task from,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree

You can search for the task name in the error to find them quicker.

Once Task scheduler starts with out errors retry back and all should be okay.

Regards

Michael.

Kerberos., Nov 17, 2015
  3. Kerberos. Win User
    Backup and Restore not working after upgrade to Win 10

Fix that worked for me for same problem.

Try and start Task Scheduler, it will give errors say cant find task or task no longer exisits.

for each error use regedit to delete the task from,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree

You can search for the task name in the error to find them quicker.

Once Task scheduler starts with out errors retry back and all should be okay.

Regards

Michael.

Kerberos., Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

Task Scheduler error

1. Task Scheduler error - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler error

2. Task Scheduler Error Code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Scheduler Error Code: Hi tonight when I go to task scheduler to check did my tasks are working .. I found out that my window defender verification is showing The operator or administrator has refused the request 0x800710E0 so I search online and find out that I need to change the user to...
  3. Task Scheduler errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler errors: Hi I upgraded a Windows 7 Pro 64 BIT O/S pc to Windows 10 Pro 64 BIT O/S. It seems since I did this every time I open task scheduler I get a few errors that say User_feed_sycronization with different numbers after it and a task registraion error. I can create new tasks and...
  4. Task Scheduler Error Popup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Error Popup: When I open up the task scheduler, I get the error popup shown below. I do not see any task with that number so how do I fix the problem? Thanks for your help. [ATTACH]...
  5. Task Scheduler Error

Task Scheduler Error: 3 days ago, my task scheduler stopped working showing the following error '' Remote Computer was not found '' and then '' the task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped. some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs'' so I...
  6. Task Scheduler error

Task Scheduler error: Hello This error was showing to me when I was need to update my geforce experience and I saw an error that said that I need to start the task scheduler so I press windows key and R, run services.msc, go to task scheduler and attempted to start it and then I saw this massage:...
  7. Schedule Task Save Errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Schedule Task Save Errors: I am having this error in Macrium Reflect when trying to set a new schedule. I have to add an exclusion to the Antivirus software which is Defender? in Advanced Setup under exclusions I need to add one for Macrium and I have the text to add but so far I cannot find how to...
  8. Errors by opening Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors by opening Task Scheduler: Hello. When I open the Task Scheduler, I get many error messages, which mostly resemble to "Task Name: The task object version is either unsupported or invalid" along with a few "The selected task 'Name' no longer exists. To see current task, click Refresh". One thing...
  9. Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks: Hi, Been noticing a number of errors when I open task scheduler for e.g. SVC Restart Task - The task XML contains a value that is incorrectly formatted or out of range" Other than the aforementioned task there are errors with the following: a) Schedule Scan b) Reboot...
  10. Task Scheduler Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Error: When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on...