Windows 10: Task Scheduler failed to start Error Value: 2147943645

Discus and support Task Scheduler failed to start Error Value: 2147943645 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Prof to Win 10 Prof I have 2 scheduled tasks that have been running successfully for a long time. Now one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SiggyXTRA, Sep 11, 2019.

1. SiggyXTRA Win User

Task Scheduler failed to start Error Value: 2147943645

I have recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Prof to Win 10 Prof

I have 2 scheduled tasks that have been running successfully for a long time.

Now one of them fails to launch with the error "Task Scheduler failed to start Error Value: 2147943645".

I have tried various workarounds without success.

I then exported the working task and then imported it with a different name.

The imported task fails to launch with the above error while the original launches successfully.

The task is configured to only run when I am logged on.

I am logged in as a domain user and not a local user.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

:)

SiggyXTRA, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Task Scheduler error

Hello Banjopolo,

GeForce Experience updates may fail due to Windows Task Scheduler errors. I suggest that you follow these steps to resolve the issue.

Disclaimer: The steps below includes system registry modification. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Make sure to backup registry first, please refer to this support article:
    How to back up the registry in Windows. Please follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start > type regedit and press
      Enter.
    2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Schedule
    3. Find the DWORD called start, change its value to 2.
    4. Save the changes and then exit out of the registry editor. Reboot you PC.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you follow the steps in this
    thread
    we found answered by
    xyllis about fixing issues with Task Scheduler which helped a lot of community members.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Sep 11, 2019
  3. HokieMan Win User
    Task Scheduler Error

When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on the Microsoft boards gave me several steps to follow beginning with booting into Safe Mode. However, I received a message when I accessed Task Scheduler that it doesn't function in Safe Mode.
    I did not feel safe following their additional suggestions at that point as I am not that adept at such endeavors. Has anyone else encountered this error and/or found a simple solution? I feel it is caused by some remnant leftover from Windows 7 during the upgrade but this is pure conjecture on my behalf.

HokieMan, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Task Scheduler failed to start Error Value: 2147943645

Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks

I have performed four installs of WIN 10 X64, one as an in place WIN 7 upgrade and three clean installs. (I have used two different media sets to eliminate the possibility of media corruption)

If the system Time Zone is set to (UTC+09:30) Adelaide for example, or, for that matter any time zone that has an offset with a fraction of an hour, and upon opening the Task Scheduler a number of error dialogues present, the same errors as Beaupeep has
    described. The errors show the task name then: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.

I have identified the errors to all relate to tasks that have the Synchronize Across Zones checkbox checked. Changing the system time zone to say (UTC+10:00) for example resolves the error.

However a change back to (UTC+09:30) in my case, local zone brings a return of the Task Scheduler errors.

Errors logged in the event viewer show Error 16385 "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2115-07-09T01:13:47Z. Error Code: 0x80041318".

• As a workaround I have set my time zone to (UTC+10:00) adjusted the time to local and turned off "Set time automatically".
    I'd be interested to hear if anyone else can reproduce the Task Scheduler errors by changing their time zone and opening the Task scheduler?

Elecrafter, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Task Scheduler failed to start Error Value: 2147943645

1. Task Scheduler failed to start Error Value: 2147943645 - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler failed

2. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  3. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  4. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Scheduler is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  6. Task Scheduler Error

Task Scheduler Error: 3 days ago, my task scheduler stopped working showing the following error '' Remote Computer was not found '' and then '' the task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped. some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs'' so I...
  7. Task Scheduler error

Task Scheduler error: Hello This error was showing to me when I was need to update my geforce experience and I saw an error that said that I need to start the task scheduler so I press windows key and R, run services.msc, go to task scheduler and attempted to start it and then I saw this massage:...
  8. Task Scheduler error

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler error: Each time an attempt is made to change an existing/working entry that I have created in Task Scheduler it reports "invalid parameter." Same thing occurs when importing a previously exported, working entry that I created, which necessitates deletion and recreation of the...
  9. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Will Not Start: Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update. When I try to start it from services I get that error. [img] When I try to launch the task scheduler...
  10. Task Scheduler at startup fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler at startup fails: Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run. 101817

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cognos 10 task scheduler failed to start 2147943645

2. error 2147943645

3. error value: 2147943645

4. task failure start 2147943645