Windows 10: Task Scheduler having issues running .hta in Windows 10 environment

Discus and support Task Scheduler having issues running .hta in Windows 10 environment in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,We have workstations that need to be restarted at least once a week. We created an .hta file to run. The .hta file consists of a countdown and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tim A123, May 25, 2023.

1. Tim A123 Win User

Task Scheduler having issues running .hta in Windows 10 environment

Hi,We have workstations that need to be restarted at least once a week. We created an .hta file to run. The .hta file consists of a countdown and message that notifies end user that a reboot will take effect after 60 seconds. If they are still working on that workstation they can cancel the .hta and will cancel tasked schedule to be repeated the following week. Since we upgraded our workstations from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Pro 20H2 the tasks scheduler will fail to run. When we try to run the .hta independently it will open but not execute the reboot at the end of the timeout. I was rea

:)

Tim A123, May 25, 2023

2. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 25, 2023
  3. Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, May 25, 2023
  4. Task Scheduler having issues running .hta in Windows 10 environment

App Runs Properly but Win10Pro Task Scheduler Cannot Run It

We have a requirement for extremely accurate computer clock time and use a small app that that, when launched, checks with a pool of time servers and syncs our computer clock. We want to schedule this app to run every couple of hours.

The app runs properly when I launch it manually. I created a task in Task Scheduler to do this automatically every two hours and, when I manually run the task within Task Scheduler, it also runs properly. However, it will not run on on its own on a schedule.
    Task Scheduler fails to launch it.

On a different computer, another app is able to launch it when that app is launched but, again, Task Scheduler fails to launch it on a schedule.

The task is configured in Task Scheduler as follows:

GENERAL

• When running the task, use the following user account: it's my own account, and I am an Administrator on the computer
    • Run only when user is logged on
    • Run with highest privileges
    • Configure for Windows 10
    TRIGGERS

• Trigger: At task creation/modification
    • Repeat every 2 hours for a duration of indefinitely
    • Enabled
    ACTIONS

• Start a program "path...\SysTimeUpdate.exe" min ('min' being an argument)
    CONDITIONS

• none - no conditions
    SETTINGS

• Allow task to be run on demand
    • Run task as soon as possible after a schedules start is missed
    • Stop the task if it runs longer than 1 hour
    • If the running task does not end when requested, force it to stop
    • If the task is already running, then the following rule applies - Stop the existing instance

Someone suggested that my Administrator account may not have full privileges, and it may be a permissions issue but, if so, why can I launch it manually and why can another app launch it when that app is launched but Task Scheduler cannot? This very very
    baffling, and any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Samurai7388, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Task Scheduler having issues running .hta in Windows 10 environment

1. Task Scheduler having issues running .hta in Windows 10 environment - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler having

2. Task Scheduler having issues running .hta in Windows 10 environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler having issues running .hta in Windows 10 environment: Hi,We have workstations that need to be restarted at least once a week. We created an .hta file to run. The .hta file consists of a countdown and message that notifies end user that a reboot will take effect after 60 seconds. If they are still working on that workstation they...
  3. Task Scheduler having issues running .hta in Windows 10 environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler having issues running .hta in Windows 10 environment: Hi,We have workstations that need to be restarted at least once a week. We created an .hta file to run. The .hta file consists of a countdown and message that notifies end user that a reboot will take effect after 60 seconds. If they are still working on that workstation they...
  4. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  5. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  6. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Scheduled task not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scheduled task not running: I use the "portable apps" platform to hold a lot of small programs I dont want installed - but even from my C: ssd its very slow to load. So I have set up a scheduled task to run it as soon as the pc becomes idle. [ATTACH] However it does not run. Even when I right-click...
  8. Issues with task scheduler running on battery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with task scheduler running on battery: Hi all, I've been having trouble getting task scheduler to run a program (throttlestop for CPU undervolt) reliably on boot. It runs on AC but never on battery. My trigger is log on of any user. I've also tried on startup. As for config; its set up to run whether the user is...
  9. Task Scheduler Not Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  10. Windows Task Scheduler not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Task Scheduler not running: Hello, i am trying to install Nvidia Geforce experience but it says Windows Task Scheduler not running, so i cant install it. i even went to services.msc and tried to start but i get error message that it "started and stopped suddenly."Some services may stop if they are...