Windows 10: Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored

Discus and support Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This should be pretty simple but really has me stumped. I have a scheduled task that is specified to only run if the computer is idle for 50 minutes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by js0873, Mar 3, 2019.

1. js0873 Win User

Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored

This should be pretty simple but really has me stumped. I have a scheduled task that is specified to only run if the computer is idle for 50 minutes. This works on Windows 7, but on Windows 10 it never honors the idle condition. It always runs immediately. This happens on multiple Windows 10 machines, but never on Windows 7 ones. Any idea what might be wrong?

Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored [​IMG]

:)

js0873, Mar 3, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon

I suspect reading the trigger settings at face value leads to the wrong expectation. I.e. it's misleading.

See:
    windows - Task scheduler - What is ? - Super User
    - likely to leave you wanting a cup of coffee/beer/etc

Idle Triggers for Task Scheduler 1.0 | Microsoft Docs
    This makes you ponder the definition of 'idle'.

More (from the links on the left of that):
    Task Idle Conditions | Microsoft Docs

dalchina, Mar 3, 2019
  3. js0873 Win User
    Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon

All of that makes my head spin. Really, what's the best way to get something to execute anytime during the day only if the PC has been idle for one hour?

js0873, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored

Task Scheduler crashed

Hi,

I have no issue creating new Task schedule. The issue arises when I either,

• Edit a task, or
    • View the task and click the "Conditions" tab.

Programatix, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored

1. Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Idle

2. Is the Idle condition of the win10 task scheduler broken for years on win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Idle condition of the win10 task scheduler broken for years on win10?: I have been trying for literally years to get my PC to fully shutdown if it's idle for more than about 20hours, here the task that should work: https://i.imgur.com/ubxQzoR.png but the result is that the task execute as soon as planned totally ignoring the idle condition Any...
  3. Overclocking of CPU at idle conditions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overclocking of CPU at idle conditions.: Overclocking of CPU at idle conditions info of laptop belowBefore talking about the issue:1. There is no fast fan sound.2. My laptop is running 24/7 since the past month of restarting.3. Plugged in 24/74. Updated to latest version.5. No issues on any other parts.6. 6 years...
  4. Overclocking of CPU at idle conditions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overclocking of CPU at idle conditions.: Overclocking of CPU at idle conditions info of laptop belowBefore talking about the issue:1. There is no fast fan sound.2. My laptop is running 24/7 since the past month of restarting.3. Plugged in 24/74. Updated to latest version.5. No issues on any other parts.6. 6 years...
  5. Overclocking of CPU at idle conditions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Task Scheduler - On Idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler - On Idle: I have a script I created to run after the PC has been idle for one hour. It seems as though no matter what terms I define for trigger conditions, it will run after 10 minutes. 10 minutes is not a condition I have defined anywhere in the Task Scheduler. Is there an actual...
  7. Turn off Task Scheduler "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" on Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Task Scheduler "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" on Task Scheduler: Hi everyone, I have a problem to DISABLE some existing tasks on Tasks Scheduler. And I think, these tasks were added by Microsoft when I upgrade my windows 10 to version 1903. When I try to disable , I go the permission denied. I tried to use my account and my account...
  8. Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon: I had this problem with windows 8/8.1 as well but don't remember what I did to fix it and can't seem to figure it out this time. I had to reinstall Windows 10 after upgrading to it, and forgot to write down my settings for this. I have a simple batch file that I want to...
  9. Task scheduler has no idle maintenance in the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler has no idle maintenance in the folder: Post whatever you were looking at that made you write this, "idle maintenance in my task scheduler and well its just a folder with idle maintenance trigger in there". And just post the area that contains information that you want people to look at. Denis
  10. Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled Tasks - Conditions and Settings cannot be set: Hi. I'm new to Windows 10, but just installed my first instance of Windows 10 Pro on an older laptop with a new SSD. Right now I'm configuring the system, installing software, creating tasks, all that good stuff. The user account I'm using is an Administrator. A small...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Task Idle Conditions

2. windows idle condition

3. windows 10 scheduled task idle condition