Windows 10: Task Scheduler Idle Trigger and two Start a Program Actions simultaneously

Discus and support Task Scheduler Idle Trigger and two Start a Program Actions simultaneously in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to use Task Scheduler to run two never-ending batch files on the idle mode trigger. The issue is that instead of running both apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidRohweder, May 26, 2019.

1. Task Scheduler Idle Trigger and two Start a Program Actions simultaneously

Hello,

I am trying to use Task Scheduler to run two never-ending batch files on the idle mode trigger. The issue is that instead of running both apps at the same time it starts the second one only after the first one has closed. Is there any way to specify in the settings to open and close the apps upon entering and exiting idle mode at the same time.

Thanks,

David Rohweder

:)

DavidRohweder, May 26, 2019
  2. Swifty Win User

Actions in Task Scheduler

I have two Scheduled tasks whose actions start the same program, but with different parameters. If these two program instances happen to get scheduled at more or less the same time, then one will wait for the other to finish.

But it seems to me that sometimes the one which should start second fails to start at all. There is nothing in my code which stops the programs overlapping, apart from their own semaphore mechanism.

Is there anything in the Task Scheduler itself that would prevent the second task triggering?

The tasks are triggered by the events "Workstation lock" and "Workstation unlock"; the scheduled task runs a program which turns the display off and on. So, the effect is that the screen always blanks when the desktop locks, and it comes back on when the desktop unlocks.
    Sometimes, the events happen so close to each other than the "display on" and "display off" programs might try to run almost simultaneously, hence my semaphore arrangement,

Swifty, May 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 26, 2019
  4. Task Scheduler Idle Trigger and two Start a Program Actions simultaneously

Task Scheduler: task gets triggered by event but does not start

I know a thing or two about the Task Scheduer but so far I am unable to wrap my mind around your problem. Here is why:

• I do not recognise the screen snapshot your posted. What is it?
    • What event is supposed to trigger the scheduled task?
    • What is the scheduled task supposed to run?
    • You write "there is the initial event 108 showing the event getting triggered". How can an event trigger another event?
    • Do time-triggered tasks work reliably?

Frederik Long, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Task Scheduler Idle Trigger and two Start a Program Actions simultaneously

1. Task Scheduler Idle Trigger and two Start a Program Actions simultaneously - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Idle

2. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  3. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  4. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  5. Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: Several Start a program actions: Hi there, I use a scheduled task to start a backup with beyond compare, but I need ondrive to start first. So I have two Actions in one schedule: Start a program C:\... ondrive.exe Start a program C:\... BCompare.exe Does the second action for Beyond Compare waits till the...
  6. Task Scheduler - On Idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler - On Idle: I have a script I created to run after the PC has been idle for one hour. It seems as though no matter what terms I define for trigger conditions, it will run after 10 minutes. 10 minutes is not a condition I have defined anywhere in the Task Scheduler. Is there an actual...
  7. Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications?: Hello! Is it possible to set up Task Scheduler to run a command when the Action Center gets a new notification? Thanks! 152126
  8. Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon: I have a scheduled task that is set to run every 15 minutes checking for an idle condition and then running a batch command if it's idle. I set: Start only if the computer is idle for: 50 minutes Wait for idle: 15 minutes Somehow I think it's always triggering now, as if...
  9. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger: Hi, I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I do this, or is this even possible? Thanks in advance, David...
  10. Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon: I had this problem with windows 8/8.1 as well but don't remember what I did to fix it and can't seem to figure it out this time. I had to reinstall Windows 10 after upgrading to it, and forgot to write down my settings for this. I have a simple batch file that I want to...