Windows 10: Task Scheduler is failing with 0x1. That's an permissions-related error, right? I need to...

Discus and support Task Scheduler is failing with 0x1. That's an permissions-related error, right? I need to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I posted this question yesterday but people were confused because I mistakenly said it was an 0x0 error instead of an 0x1 error. I should never reddit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CatFlier, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Task Scheduler is failing with 0x1. That's an permissions-related error, right? I need to...

I posted this question yesterday but people were confused because I mistakenly said it was an 0x0 error instead of an 0x1 error. I should never reddit when I should be sleeping. :/

Why would a script that executes as intended on the Windows 10 command line fail with 0x1 in Task Scheduler when both use the same user account?

In case you want to know more: I have a Python bot that uses PRAW and a SQLite database to post articles to a sub I created. When I execute it from the Windows 10 command line it works as intended. But when executed from within Windows Task Scheduler using the same user account it fails with an 0x1 error. Other bots written the exact same way and that run with the same user account work fine.

The paths to the program (python37.exe) and the script folder are set correctly. I have several other bots written the same way that work reliably.

The only thing I know for certain is that the script fails immediately otherwise the error log functionality within the script would detail what went wrong.

This may not be the ideal sub for my question, but since the issue is related to Task Scheduler it seemed like a good place to start.

What specific sorts of issues might be causing the 0x1 error?

submitted by /u/CatFlier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CatFlier, Aug 4, 2020
  2. HokieMan Win User

Task Scheduler Error

When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on the Microsoft boards gave me several steps to follow beginning with booting into Safe Mode. However, I received a message when I accessed Task Scheduler that it doesn't function in Safe Mode.
    I did not feel safe following their additional suggestions at that point as I am not that adept at such endeavors. Has anyone else encountered this error and/or found a simple solution? I feel it is caused by some remnant leftover from Windows 7 during the upgrade but this is pure conjecture on my behalf.

HokieMan, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Task Scheduler is failing with 0x1. That's an permissions-related error, right? I need to...

No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

You keep talking about a "folder". Task scheduler items are files, not
    folders, even though they have no name extension (i.e. no full stop or anything else to the right of the name).

I suspect the task is protected through its entry in the registry. You need to open the registry editor (regedit.exe), then do this:

• Navigate to this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\
    • Find "UpdateOrchestrator", using Ctrl+F. It will be against a key such as

{AB62362D-3EF5-4BD4-92E1-D96143FD8738}
    • Change the owner of the key to "Administrators"
    • Grant full access to "Administrators".

You then need to take the same four steps with this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\

Frederik Long, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Task Scheduler is failing with 0x1. That's an permissions-related error, right? I need to...

1. Task Scheduler is failing with 0x1. That's an permissions-related error, right? I need to... - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler failing

2. error code 0x1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error code 0x1: I have a problem that I have been stressing over for a couple of days now. my Minecraft launcher fails to load and either says error code 0x1 or error code: 0x87e50038. the 0x1 problem says to go to task scheduler and select the required task but I don't know which task is...
  3. 0x1 in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0x1 in task scheduler: Hello, i´m trying to run a .bat file in the task scheduler to a given point of time. Even though the file with the exact same file location starts when i manually run it in the "run" window, it won´t start with task scheduler. I already checked the "run with highest...
  4. Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler: Hi I have setup Windows Backup to utilise a spare internal hard disk, it works well. I have some large files which change quite regularly which are filling the disk quickly. I have setup a Scheduled task that uses Forfiles to delete old copies of these files, everything...
  5. Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line?: I have a script that runs fine from the command line. When it runs from Task Scheduler using the same user account it returns a 0x1 error. I've been trying to debug it for several days now to no avail. What are some reasons it might be doing this? Screen captures submitted...
  6. Is Windows Task Scheduler 0x0 a permissions-related error and if so how can I correct it?

Is Windows Task Scheduler 0x0 a permissions-related error and if so how can I correct it?: I have several reddit bots written in Python that are only used on subs I control and they're all triggered on time-based schedule via Task Scheduler. With one exception they all work flawlessly and I can't figure out why that one constantly returns the 0x0 error. They're...
  7. Task Scheduler no permissions

Task Scheduler no permissions: As of June this year, I had full control over everything in my task scheduler. I could delete/modify anything, and I had a few tasks that I had created. Now, for whatever reason, I cannot edit, delete, disable, or enable any tasks. I can only make new ones. Those new ones I...
  8. Task Scheduler error

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler error: Each time an attempt is made to change an existing/working entry that I have created in Task Scheduler it reports "invalid parameter." Same thing occurs when importing a previously exported, working entry that I created, which necessitates deletion and recreation of the...
  9. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler: Hello, I'm trying to disable a task in Task Scheduler, FCU 1709 as I always did with all previous versions of W 10 without problems. Now, when I go to Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows/Update Orchestrator/Scheduled Scan and trying to disable that task, I'm getting the...
  10. Task Scheduler at startup fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler at startup fails: Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run. 101817

Users found this page by searching for:

1. python .bat 0x1 error reddit