Windows 10: Task Scheduler Issue, Task Not Triggering At Specified Time

Discus and support Task Scheduler Issue, Task Not Triggering At Specified Time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hey everyone. any reason why a task i create does not run or trigger at the specified time? im running windows 10 20h2 with sleep settings set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lou_T, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Lou_T Win User

Task Scheduler Issue, Task Not Triggering At Specified Time

hey everyone. any reason why a task i create does not run or trigger at the specified time? im running windows 10 20h2 with sleep settings set to never.i have made a test task that runs a batch file one liner: shutdown -h have tried just shutdown as well on a one time trigger. i set it normally 2 hours from my current time. it does not run at all if pc stays plugged in. however, if i leave it unplugged eventually discharges to hibernation due to power plan settings at 5%, when i boot up and log in, it THEN decides to randomlly run. event viewer and task history shows that it does not trig

:)

Lou_T, Jul 16, 2021

2. Task Scheduler: task gets triggered by event but does not start

I know a thing or two about the Task Scheduer but so far I am unable to wrap my mind around your problem. Here is why:

• I do not recognise the screen snapshot your posted. What is it?
    • What event is supposed to trigger the scheduled task?
    • What is the scheduled task supposed to run?
    • You write "there is the initial event 108 showing the event getting triggered". How can an event trigger another event?
    • Do time-triggered tasks work reliably?

Frederik Long, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Suman_B Win User
    Scheduled task triggered at wrong time

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

• What is the version and build of you operating system? In the
      Search box, type
      winver to get this info.

I would suggest you to delete the previous task and recreate the task Scheduler and check the run time.

Refer this article Using a Task scheduler

Please reply back with the result and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Fcis_M Win User

Task scheduler On Idle task not triggered Windows 7

Windows 10: I've just tested on windows 10 and set the task idle time to be 5 mins, but it
    still triggered after 4 mins only, I've manually timed it 3 times and always triggers after 4 mins not 5 mins, any idea why?

Windows 7: Isn't the task triggered because Windows 7 does not admire the 4 minute idle timer as
    according to Microsoft Windows 7 checks if the system is idle every 15 minutes? if so then shouldn't it work if the task idle time is set to 20 mins for example?

UPDATE : I just tested it and manually timed it twice on my Windows 7 machine and it always triggers after 15 mins of Idle time even if I am setting the Idle task to 20 mins. Also my
    application doesn't start although the task is triggered but instead of my application running a screensaver starts running although I am setting screensaver to off on my machine. Any explanations or advice please?

WMI suggestion: Could you advise with the steps step by step to follow to do you WMI suggestion
    please?

Fcis_M, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler Issue, Task Not Triggering At Specified Time - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Issue

2. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  3. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  4. task scheduler trigger time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  5. task scheduler trigger time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  6. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  7. Task Scheduler Not Working, Task With One Time Trigger Not Triggering At Specified Time

Task Scheduler Not Working, Task With One Time Trigger Not Triggering At Specified Time: hey everyone. any reason why a task i create does not run or trigger at the specified time? im running windows 10 20h2 with sleep settings set to never.i have made a test task that runs a batch file one liner: shutdown -h have tried just shutdown as well on a one time...
  8. Task scheduler screenshot trigger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler screenshot trigger?: So what event would you use for windows task scheduler if your trying to make it so everytime I take a rectangle screenshot with the snipping tool it automatically saves it to a folder? submitted by /u/Pacman042 [link] [comments]...
  9. Task Scheduler wrong trigger time for monthly tasks

Task Scheduler wrong trigger time for monthly tasks: Hi, I would like to inform about problem with Task Scheduler work. I am working with TS quite active around year, and have ~50 scripts running from minute to once per year resolution. During this night one of my monthly scripts triggered the day before. I nearly same...
  10. Scheduled task triggered at wrong time

Scheduled task triggered at wrong time: I've created a task which should run every 3rd of a month. The trigger is [ATTACH] <Triggers> <CalendarTrigger> <StartBoundary>2016-11-16T02:00:00</StartBoundary> <Enabled>true</Enabled> <ScheduleByMonth> <DaysOfMonth>...