Windows 10: Task Scheduler issue when using Picture Password

Discus and support Task Scheduler issue when using Picture Password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having this issue when trying to run task scheduler "Run whether user is logged on or not" is checked, it asks for a username and password. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yipsy, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Yipsy Win User

Task Scheduler issue when using Picture Password

I'm having this issue when trying to run task scheduler "Run whether user is logged on or not" is checked, it asks for a username and password. the issue that I'm having is that I use a picture password for my login. Is there a way to make this work while using a picture password for logging in on Windows 10? Any info on this would be helpfull.

:)

Yipsy, Nov 17, 2016

2. Password fail Schedule a task

I want to schedule a task. I'm in Windows 10. At the end of setting up Task Scheduler I'm asked for a password. Password I use to log on to PC doesn't work. What's the problem?

Greg Blevins, Nov 17, 2016
  3. thommo34 Win User
    Task scheduler problem in Windows 10

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am no longer able to create new task schedules. I am runningas administrator with no password.

When asking for the password I click on OK as requested on the screen at which point I get the message "The system cannot find the path specified. A scheduled task could not be created"

Has anyone any ideas how to solve this please?

thommo34, Nov 17, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

To use picture password is only possible when you have first set up a normal password. In other words you simply can't have a picture password without a normal password. When a task or other services requiring a normal password like for instance Remote Desktop asks for credentials, simply enter your normal password.

Thema:

1. Task Scheduler issue when using Picture Password - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler issue

2. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler needs password when creating a task: I am trying to create a scheduled task. I ran the task scheduler as administrator, I am also logged in as administrator. After I set everything up and click the OK button to create a scheduled task, a box pops up asking for my user name and password. I do not have password...
  3. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler needs password when creating a task: I am trying to create a scheduled task. I ran the task scheduler as administrator, I am also logged in as administrator. After I set everything up and click the OK button to create a scheduled task, a box pops up asking for my user name and password. I do not have password...
  4. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Scheduler Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Password: When I use to use my task scheduler to create a task I never had to enter a password at the end. I just clicked on the blank space and I was good to go. I recently had a problem with my Desktop PC that required me to do a reinstall of windows 10. Now I get an error message...
  6. Task Scheduler issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler issues: Pushbullet used to launch at Windows StartUp, but has recently stopped doing so. One of the options I have looked at, is to delay its launching. I know I can use 3rd part programs like Winpatrol, but believe that Task Scheduler can also do it. Two difficulties : Task...
  7. Task Scheduling issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduling issue: So for past 5+ years I been using ccleaner to to automate the cleaning of temp dir and cookies upon system start up, via task scheduler and never had problem. I recently reinstalled windows 10 with clean install or 1803 as hell marry to see if it fixed the endless drivers...
  8. Using Task Scheduler without a password

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Task Scheduler without a password: I have Win10 64bit Home Edition. I was following your tutorial for using Task Scheduler to provide automatic scheduling for System Restore. When I reached the final stage it failed. The error message suggested that this was because I was using a blank password. A bit of...
  9. Task Scheduler Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler Issue: Hi, I'm running windows 10 and I seem to be having a problem with my task scheduler. My disks are set to 'optimise' automatically, on a weekly basis, but I noticed it was going for weeks, even months without running. My system is only about 3 months old and I suspect it's...
  10. Task Scheduler issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler issue: Been having this for some time now. I am on .14267 and for the last couple of builds I have been getting 'Task Scheduler is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it'. Normally I can solve most problems but this has really baffled me and none of the...