Windows 10: Task Scheduler issues

Discus and support Task Scheduler issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Pushbullet used to launch at Windows StartUp, but has recently stopped doing so. One of the options I have looked at, is to delay its launching. I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Task Scheduler issues

Pushbullet used to launch at Windows StartUp, but has recently stopped doing so. One of the options I have looked at, is to delay its launching. I know I can use 3rd part programs like Winpatrol, but believe that Task Scheduler can also do it. Two difficulties : Task Scheduler wants me to set a time, whereas I simply want it triggered by an event Windows StartUp - irrespective of time. Secondly, when I try to set the task, I am told there is already such a task - BUT nowhere can I see that task listed. And if there is a hidden delay, maybe that explains why PushBullet has stopped launching

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Aug 5, 2021

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Task Scheduler issues

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Task Scheduler issues

1. Task Scheduler issues - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler issues

2. Task Scheduler Issue, Task Not Triggering At Specified Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Issue, Task Not Triggering At Specified Time: hey everyone. any reason why a task i create does not run or trigger at the specified time? im running windows 10 20h2 with sleep settings set to never.i have made a test task that runs a batch file one liner: shutdown -h have tried just shutdown as well on a one time...
  3. Issues with task scheduler running on battery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with task scheduler running on battery: Hi all, I've been having trouble getting task scheduler to run a program (throttlestop for CPU undervolt) reliably on boot. It runs on AC but never on battery. My trigger is log on of any user. I've also tried on startup. As for config; its set up to run whether the user is...
  4. WINDOWS 10 Task Scheduler Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 Task Scheduler Issue: Hi all, I am having difficulty understanding why a task I've setup shows it has run and completed, but when I look in the event viewer logs this is not the case. The task I have configured runs when an event ID flags up within the event viewer. This works fine, except for...
  5. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  6. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  7. Task Scheduling issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduling issue: So for past 5+ years I been using ccleaner to to automate the cleaning of temp dir and cookies upon system start up, via task scheduler and never had problem. I recently reinstalled windows 10 with clean install or 1803 as hell marry to see if it fixed the endless drivers...
  8. Task Scheduler Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler Issue: Hi, I'm running windows 10 and I seem to be having a problem with my task scheduler. My disks are set to 'optimise' automatically, on a weekly basis, but I noticed it was going for weeks, even months without running. My system is only about 3 months old and I suspect it's...
  9. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...
  10. Task Scheduler issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler issue: Been having this for some time now. I am on .14267 and for the last couple of builds I have been getting 'Task Scheduler is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it'. Normally I can solve most problems but this has really baffled me and none of the...