Windows 10: Task Scheduler no permissions

Discus and support Task Scheduler no permissions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As of June this year, I had full control over everything in my task scheduler. I could delete/modify anything, and I had a few tasks that I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TSLPrescott, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Task Scheduler no permissions

As of June this year, I had full control over everything in my task scheduler. I could delete/modify anything, and I had a few tasks that I had created.

Now, for whatever reason, I cannot edit, delete, disable, or enable any tasks. I can only make new ones. Those new ones I can do whatever I want to, but anything made before whatever changed cannot be changed any longer.

I'm just getting errors that I don't have permissions. I am the only user on my PC and I have an admin account. No UAC. Haven't run into any other "no permission" issues for the few years I've had this PC.

Any ideas? Is there a way to simply force Windows to delete/disable some tasks? I tried doing a simple method from an elevated Command Prompt but it told me that the access was denied.

submitted by /u/TSLPrescott
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TSLPrescott, Dec 23, 2019

2. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

You keep talking about a "folder". Task scheduler items are files, not
    folders, even though they have no name extension (i.e. no full stop or anything else to the right of the name).

I suspect the task is protected through its entry in the registry. You need to open the registry editor (regedit.exe), then do this:

• Navigate to this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\
    • Find "UpdateOrchestrator", using Ctrl+F. It will be against a key such as

{AB62362D-3EF5-4BD4-92E1-D96143FD8738}
    • Change the owner of the key to "Administrators"
    • Grant full access to "Administrators".

You then need to take the same four steps with this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\

Frederik Long, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Task Scheduler no permissions

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Task Scheduler no permissions

1. Task Scheduler no permissions - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler permissions

2. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: I want to schedule a video file using task scheduler and the task scheduler is working properly and the wizard opens where I have to choose an application to run the video file but when I select VLC or Power Media Player, it shows these errors: Why is it happening?...
  3. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler: Hey r/windows10, I'm trying to use Task Scheduler, and struggling. I've looked around on the internet for solutions, but either my searches aren't worded right, or this isn't a common question, but essentially what I'm trying to do is make my computer shut down at 2am if I...
  4. Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler: Hi I have setup Windows Backup to utilise a spare internal hard disk, it works well. I have some large files which change quite regularly which are filling the disk quickly. I have setup a Scheduled task that uses Forfiles to delete old copies of these files, everything...
  5. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  6. Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler: I have a bizarre problem, and here are some basic facts: Computer: HP laptop, originally purchased with 64-bit Windows 10 Home Current OS: 64-bit Windows 10 Pro - upgraded after the initial purchase upgrade, not a fresh install I am the administrator on the computer, and...
  7. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  8. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  9. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler: Hello, I'm trying to disable a task in Task Scheduler, FCU 1709 as I always did with all previous versions of W 10 without problems. Now, when I go to Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows/Update Orchestrator/Scheduled Scan and trying to disable that task, I'm getting the...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...