Windows 10: Task Scheduler not running programs...

Discus and support Task Scheduler not running programs... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I have a Windows 10 Laptop. Tried using Task Scheduler to automatically run Good Sync program on a predefined schedule. However, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MeOnWeb, Jan 18, 2016.

1. MeOnWeb Win User

Task Scheduler not running programs...

Hello Guys,

I have a Windows 10 Laptop. Tried using Task Scheduler to automatically run Good Sync program on a predefined schedule. However, it fails to run the program. My user account has administrative priviledges.

Thanks for your replies.

:)

MeOnWeb, Jan 18, 2016

2. What is "usoclientexe"?

Its a built in component in Windows and no, its not watching you. Here is how you can disable it.

Open Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> UpdateOrchestrator

Disable Schedule Scan and Schedule Retry Scan tasks.

Add a task that runs Update checker at a time that's convenient for you

In the same directory click on Create Task...

Give your task a name

Click on Triggers and New...

Choose a time that this program can run without disturbing you. (I chose to run this program daily but weekly should be alright)

Under Actions click New... and then under Program/script copy and paste this %systemroot%\system32\usoclient.exe and next to arguments type this StartScan.

Under Conditions leave everything unticked except Start only if the following network connection is available:

Under Settings untick Allow task to be run on demand and tick Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed which runs the program if your boot up after the time your specified in Triggers section.

Click OK and you should see your newly created task in the list.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2016
  3. nukahiva Win User
    Task scheduler not working after Win 10 update

Since the Win 10 anniversary update my task scheduler is not working for many programs. In the services folder it shows task scheduler set to automatic mode. If I look in task scheduler itself is shows all scheduled tasks and their next due date but most
    of them never actually run. Most of my concern is that my automatic backup using Macrium fails to run on schedule. It will run manually.

I have tried entering a new schedule but it still will not work. I have run out of ideas and am extremely frustrated.

thank you in advance for any assistance.

vmn

nukahiva, Jan 18, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Go to task scheduler, click on Task Scheduler Library and then Enable all tasks history (it is on the Action tab).

Task Scheduler not running programs... [​IMG]

Then you should see if (1) it was actioned or not and (2) why it didn't work (if it was actioned at all)

5. MeOnWeb Win User
    Thanks Ix07. The task is initiating, but it is unable to start the program. Giving different error codes each time.

MeOnWeb, Jan 18, 2016
  6. bruinator Win User
    Solways task scheduler for free. windows 1 never works for the past few os's.

bruinator, Jan 18, 2016
  7. MeOnWeb Win User
    MeOnWeb, Jan 18, 2016
  8. AndreyT Win User

I use Windows native Task Scheduler to run SyncBack backups. No problems whatsoever. Works flawlessly. "Never works"?

AndreyT, Jan 18, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    Go on then, give us a clue (can't really say anything without knowing that)...

What error codes?

10. bruinator Win User
    Have been told by MS it hasnt worked in yrs. Maybe u were lucky coz i have tried for 2 yrs and it hasnt worked.

bruinator, Jan 18, 2016
  11. AndreyT Win User
    Apparently, you misunderstood something. MS couldn't have possibly said anything as drastic as that.

Moreover, in recent years Task Scheduler has become the preferred way to autorun update programs for virtually all vendors (as opposed to the former practice of doing it through registry). Google uses it, Adobe uses it, Samsung uses it, MS itself uses it and so on and so forth. It wouldn't be the case if it simply didn't work.

AndreyT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler not running programs... - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler running

2. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  3. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  4. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  6. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  7. Scheduled task not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scheduled task not running: I use the "portable apps" platform to hold a lot of small programs I dont want installed - but even from my C: ssd its very slow to load. So I have set up a scheduled task to run it as soon as the pc becomes idle. [ATTACH] However it does not run. Even when I right-click...
  8. Task Scheduler Not Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  9. How to run a program in task scheduler?

How to run a program in task scheduler?: I have installed Speedfan and it won't run at the windows startup, so I tried to schedule it in task scheduler, I am not familiar with using it and wondered if there is a guide for W10 64 anywhere or if anyone can tell me how? Many thanks in advance! John. 13863
  10. Task Scheduler doesn't run program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler doesn't run program: I'm running a task schedule to run a program at a certain time. It worked great in windows 7 but since I upgraded to 10 nothing happens when the task is run. I've run SFC and Dism see below and no problems found. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows task scheduler program should be running

2. running program in task scheduler

3. syncback not running schedule

4. task scheduler not running program,
  5. running a program using task scheduler