Windows 10: Task Scheduler not working

Discus and support Task Scheduler not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm having issues with the Task Scheduler since a time ago. A message saying "The remote computer was not found" when I try to open it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/axtxlp, May 31, 2020.

1. /u/axtxlp Win User

Task Scheduler not working

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with the Task Scheduler since a time ago. A message saying "The remote computer was not found" when I try to open it.

I've searched for this problem and tried to run the command line "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" but it stuck at 100%. Also tried to disable the non-Microsoft services in msconfig and reboot the computer, but no success.

The main reason that I want the Task Scheduler back is to use the NVIDIA In-game Overlay, but I can make it run using other method, so I'll not restore my W10 at the moment.

PS.: In the same update that the Task Scheduler stop working properly, the Search tab and the Windows Settings aren't "reading" any key I type.

Sorry about my english.

submitted by /u/axtxlp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/axtxlp, May 31, 2020

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, May 31, 2020
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 31, 2020
  4. Task Scheduler not working

Task scheduler not working anymore.

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are encountering issues with the Task Scheduler in Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Have you tried setting a schedule to
      defragment
      your hard drive?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest creating a new user account and see if you will still encounter the same issue with the Task Scheduler. To do this, simply follow the steps below;

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add
      someone else to this PC

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Task Scheduler not working

1. Task Scheduler not working - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler working

2. Task Scheduler Trigger not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Trigger not working.: I am scheduling some jobs to get the reports from Citrix using PowerShell command. In Task scheduler server we have all required PowerShell Module Task run when I execute manually without any issue. When I set time in trigger it wont execute and not history available for...
  3. Task Scheduler Trigger not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Trigger not working.: I am scheduling some jobs to get the reports from Citrix using PowerShell command. In Task scheduler server we have all required PowerShell Module Task run when I execute manually without any issue. When I set time in trigger it wont execute and not history available for...
  4. Task Scheduler not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler not Working: Hi My problem is that when I attempt to run a task such as the W7 backup or one of my own scripts via Task Scheduler, it doesn't work. I have an external hard drive attached for the backup location. I close my laptop lid and verify that both the laptop and XHD are asleep. I...
  5. Task scheduler stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler stopped working.: Task scheduler stop working after two different events took place. First the PC started to becoming erratic opening and closing document and video files randomly. At that time I attempted to perform a system restore that W10 reported it as failed attempts. Later the Microsoft...
  6. Task Scheduler not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler not working: Hi, I've set up a scheduled task to transfer files using WinSCP using a batch file .bat. The task works as intended when I run the task manually by clicking the run option inside Task Scheduler. When I allow the task to run automatically using the daily trigger, the error...
  7. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  8. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  9. Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.: I've followed instructions for setting up Windows Defender updates with task scheduler but it's not working. Windows defender opens up at the scheduled times but just does nothing. Guides I followed: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/update...dates-disabled Manage data usage...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 scheduler not working