Windows 10: Task Scheduler - On Idle

Discus and support Task Scheduler - On Idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a script I created to run after the PC has been idle for one hour. It seems as though no matter what terms I define for trigger conditions, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BishPhenom, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Task Scheduler - On Idle

I have a script I created to run after the PC has been idle for one hour. It seems as though no matter what terms I define for trigger conditions, it will run after 10 minutes. 10 minutes is not a condition I have defined anywhere in the Task Scheduler. Is there an actual option here or is it sneakily nonexistent like so many other Windows 10 "features"?

:)

BishPhenom, Mar 24, 2020

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Task Scheduler Idle Trigger and two Start a Program Actions simultaneously

Hi DavidRohweder,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to use Task Scheduler to run two batch files on the idle mode trigger. Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that makes any difference.

Task Idle Conditions’.

Further, I would suggest you to post your question in the TechNet
    Forums
    where we have support professionals who are well-equipped with the knowledge to handle queries regarding Task Scheduler.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Task Scheduler - On Idle

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Task Scheduler - On Idle

1. Task Scheduler - On Idle - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Idle

2. Is the Idle condition of the win10 task scheduler broken for years on win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Idle condition of the win10 task scheduler broken for years on win10?: I have been trying for literally years to get my PC to fully shutdown if it's idle for more than about 20hours, here the task that should work: https://i.imgur.com/ubxQzoR.png but the result is that the task execute as soon as planned totally ignoring the idle condition Any...
  3. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  4. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  5. Turn off Task Scheduler "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" on Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Task Scheduler "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" on Task Scheduler: Hi everyone, I have a problem to DISABLE some existing tasks on Tasks Scheduler. And I think, these tasks were added by Microsoft when I upgrade my windows 10 to version 1903. When I try to disable , I go the permission denied. I tried to use my account and my account...
  6. Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler - Idle Condition Not Honored: This should be pretty simple but really has me stumped. I have a scheduled task that is specified to only run if the computer is idle for 50 minutes. This works on Windows 7, but on Windows 10 it never honors the idle condition. It always runs immediately. This happens on...
  7. Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Task To Run On Idle Triggers Way Too Soon: I have a scheduled task that is set to run every 15 minutes checking for an idle condition and then running a batch command if it's idle. I set: Start only if the computer is idle for: 50 minutes Wait for idle: 15 minutes Somehow I think it's always triggering now, as if...
  8. Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled task to run on idle triggers too soon: I had this problem with windows 8/8.1 as well but don't remember what I did to fix it and can't seem to figure it out this time. I had to reinstall Windows 10 after upgrading to it, and forgot to write down my settings for this. I have a simple batch file that I want to...
  9. Task scheduler has no idle maintenance in the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler has no idle maintenance in the folder: Post whatever you were looking at that made you write this, "idle maintenance in my task scheduler and well its just a folder with idle maintenance trigger in there". And just post the area that contains information that you want people to look at. Denis
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...