Windows 10: Task Scheduler on Local Computer has started and then stopped

Discus and support Task Scheduler on Local Computer has started and then stopped in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to install/update Nvidia Geforce but always getting this error "Nvidia installer cannot continue - Windows task scheduler service should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RoyLi1, Nov 16, 2018.

1. RoyLi1 Win User

Task Scheduler on Local Computer has started and then stopped

I am trying to install/update Nvidia Geforce but always getting this error "Nvidia installer cannot continue - Windows task scheduler service should be running to continue. Please start the service and try again." I went on Services and tried starting Task Scheduler and another error popped up saying "Task Scheduler on local computer start and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or program." I googled this problem and some solutions I found to not work at all.

Iv tried these solutions and did not work:

- sfc /scannow

- Setting all Task Scheduler dependencies on Auto and Running

- DISM

- Clean Start

- New Administrator account

- Deleting Regedit key file (TaskCache, INTERNET)

When launching Task Scheduler an error pops up as well "The Remote Computer Was Not Found"

I'm Running on Windows Home10 64bit

Any questions, ideas, and solutions please comment ASAP.

:)

RoyLi1, Nov 16, 2018

2. Task Scheduler service will not start.

first, the computer does update regularly but its hard to say if this started directly after one

second, the exact error message is "The Task Scheduler Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs"

third, Running the Task Scheduler program doesn't seem to have any effect, and the first thing to come up when i do is a message saying "Unable to connect to remote computer"

grimdragon2001, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Task Scheduler service will not start.

ok, first, Restart is grayed out when i try to right click, only start is available. every time i select that i get the same "The Task Scheduler Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some
    services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs" message.

already tried SFC before asking, did not work. tried DISM, and that solved nothing.

grimdragon2001, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Rod_687 Win User

Task Scheduler is not starting

Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start
    this, so I can update GeForce Experience. Please help if you know a way to solve this.

Rod_687, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler on Local Computer has started and then stopped - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Local

2. task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-service-on-local-computer-started/0153b5c5-4306-418a-b181-df6584a523af
  3. task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-service-on-local-computer-started/0153b5c5-4306-418a-b181-df6584a523af
  4. task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task scheduler started and then stopped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler started and then stopped: I have tried to restart my pc, the command sfc /scannow, all its dependencies are started. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-started-and-then-stopped/c93037d9-1f67-4608-83df-68be8f2da9df
  6. the task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped.: I want to update my Nvidia drivers but it tells me to run the task scheduler. Once I run the task scheduler in the services.msc it gives me this error. I have tried multiple things such as updating, command prompt commands, etc. Help?...
  7. Task Scheduler is not starting

Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  8. Task Scheduler Cannot be Started in Services - Local Computer is not available

Task Scheduler Cannot be Started in Services - Local Computer is not available: Many have asked and have been answered, but it says that I do not have the correct Windows to complete. I have Windows 10 Home Fast Ring THANKS! Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Date: 9/15/2018 3:23:42 AM Event ID:...
  9. Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start/stop a program in Task Scheduler: I want to launch a particular program after another program has loaded, and terminate that particular program after closing that other program. Any idea how this would work in Task Scheduler? Thank you....
  10. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Will Not Start: Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update. When I try to start it from services I get that error. [img] When I try to launch the task scheduler...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler started then stopped

2. the task scheduler started and then stopped

3. task scheduler service on local computer started and stopped windows 10

4. task scheduler service started then stopped,
  5. windows 10 task schedulerz started then stopped,
  6. the task scheduler on local computer started and stopped,
  7. the task scheduler service on local computer started then stopped,
  8. task scheduler started then stopped help,
  9. the task scheduler service on the local computer started then stopped