Windows 10: Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt

Discus and support Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello.... I am having a strange issue. I have a small program that I use to sync my computers. In order to run this program automatically overnight, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Show MeCorporation, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt

Hello.... I am having a strange issue. I have a small program that I use to sync my computers. In order to run this program automatically overnight, I set up a task in Windows Task Scheduler. I have a task setup to shutdown any programs that may prevent files from syncing and then I have a task set up to run the sync file. If I run the sync file manually I have no issue, but when I run it through the task scheduler I get the "Open With" prompt. I have tried to choose a program to open it with, but nothing happens and the next time task scheduler runs I get the same prompt. How do I get the scheduler to run the file without asking what program to open with?

:)

Show MeCorporation, Aug 24, 2020

2. Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Task scheduler

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What error message you're getting while using Task Scheduler?

Suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with corrupted system files:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if the issue still occurs. If the problem still persist, try to check the issue by creating other User Profile to see if problem still arises.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt

Task scheduler

No errors found by each suggestion. May have to do a clean install unless someone has a different solution

disherabcd, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt

1. Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Open

2. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: I want to schedule a video file using task scheduler and the task scheduler is working properly and the wizard opens where I have to choose an application to run the video file but when I select VLC or Power Media Player, it shows these errors: Why is it happening?...
  3. Task Scheduler - Opening an Application Minimized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler - Opening an Application Minimized: I'd like to use the Task Scheduler to open an application minimized. It seems this question has not been answered with a solution that can be accomplished using the interface. I have a simple solution and will post it but first I'd like to hear from the community....
  4. Task Scheduler notice upon opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler notice upon opening: Hi I have seen this Task Scheduler notice upon launching it, have not really been looking at it in the past. The two images show the notice as it appears upon launching Task Scheduler; and the file path where I found it. I didn't really understand the advice someone gave in a...
  5. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  6. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  7. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  8. Errors by opening Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors by opening Task Scheduler: Hello. When I open the Task Scheduler, I get many error messages, which mostly resemble to "Task Name: The task object version is either unsupported or invalid" along with a few "The selected task 'Name' no longer exists. To see current task, click Refresh". One thing...
  9. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...
  10. How to show Command Prompt Window when running task in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show Command Prompt Window when running task in Task Scheduler?: Is there a way to make the "Command Prompt" window show when I have a task running in Windows task Scheduler? I would like to be able to view the progress of the task. For example, I have a program called "Zap2xml" that collects TV EPG data. It runs automatically once a...