Windows 10: Task scheduler run as system and logged in user

Discus and support Task scheduler run as system and logged in user in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a script which must be run as system in task scheduler. But at the end should be runned an exe file in that script as logged in user withouth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Blisk, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Blisk Win User

Task scheduler run as system and logged in user

I have a script which must be run as system in task scheduler. But at the end should be runned an exe file in that script as logged in user withouth username and password. Is that possible?

:)

Blisk, Jul 15, 2021

2. Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is logged in or not.

I am able to schedule tasks with the first option that is - run when the user is logged on. But when I try with the other option - run whether the user is logged on or not, it doesn't work.

Laveena Dewangan, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Task scheduler run as system and logged in user

App Runs Properly but Win10Pro Task Scheduler Cannot Run It

We have a requirement for extremely accurate computer clock time and use a small app that that, when launched, checks with a pool of time servers and syncs our computer clock. We want to schedule this app to run every couple of hours.

The app runs properly when I launch it manually. I created a task in Task Scheduler to do this automatically every two hours and, when I manually run the task within Task Scheduler, it also runs properly. However, it will not run on on its own on a schedule.
    Task Scheduler fails to launch it.

On a different computer, another app is able to launch it when that app is launched but, again, Task Scheduler fails to launch it on a schedule.

The task is configured in Task Scheduler as follows:

GENERAL

• When running the task, use the following user account: it's my own account, and I am an Administrator on the computer
    • Run only when user is logged on
    • Run with highest privileges
    • Configure for Windows 10
    TRIGGERS

• Trigger: At task creation/modification
    • Repeat every 2 hours for a duration of indefinitely
    • Enabled
    ACTIONS

• Start a program "path...\SysTimeUpdate.exe" min ('min' being an argument)
    CONDITIONS

• none - no conditions
    SETTINGS

• Allow task to be run on demand
    • Run task as soon as possible after a schedules start is missed
    • Stop the task if it runs longer than 1 hour
    • If the running task does not end when requested, force it to stop
    • If the task is already running, then the following rule applies - Stop the existing instance

Someone suggested that my Administrator account may not have full privileges, and it may be a permissions issue but, if so, why can I launch it manually and why can another app launch it when that app is launched but Task Scheduler cannot? This very very
    baffling, and any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Samurai7388, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Task scheduler run as system and logged in user

1. Task scheduler run as system and logged in user - Similar Threads - Task scheduler run

2. Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not: Hi,I am using Windows 10 Pro. I created a simple .BAT file with the following location and filename:C:\PK_Temp\test.batCurrently, my test.bat file consists of just the following two commands ...Echo "Hi Paul" pause... When I run this .BAT file manually, the Windows Command...
  3. Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not: Hi,I am using Windows 10 Pro. I created a simple .BAT file with the following location and filename:C:\PK_Temp\test.batCurrently, my test.bat file consists of just the following two commands ...Echo "Hi Paul" pause... When I run this .BAT file manually, the Windows Command...
  4. Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 task scheduler, running a task with higher permissions than logged on user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 task scheduler, running a task with higher permissions than logged on user: Hi,I have a PC that is running Windows 10 Professional. I am a member of the Administrators group on this PC, but someone other than myself is the primary user. In the Task Scheduler, I'd like to create a task that would run a .BAT file periodically at least once per day, but...
  6. Windows 10 task scheduler, running a task with higher permissions than logged on user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 task scheduler, running a task with higher permissions than logged on user: Hi,I have a PC that is running Windows 10 Professional. I am a member of the Administrators group on this PC, but someone other than myself is the primary user. In the Task Scheduler, I'd like to create a task that would run a .BAT file periodically at least once per day, but...
  7. Windows 10 task scheduler, running a task with higher permissions than logged on user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  9. Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...: I am able to schedule tasks with the first option that is - run when the user is logged on. But when I try with the other option - run whether the user is logged on or not, it doesn't work....
  10. Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely: Hey everyone I tried using this guide (How To Easily Send Emails From The Windows Task Scheduler) to create a task that will send me an email whenever someone connects with RDP.The task works and sends the email if i run it, but i am unsure how to set it so that it activates...