Windows 10: Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

Discus and support Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to schedule a task to run only if a specific network connection is active. there are a lot of connections available in the list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HoKe(2), Jan 2, 2019.

1. HoKe(2) Win User

Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

Hi,

I would like to schedule a task to run only if a specific network connection is active.

there are a lot of connections available in the list under the option Start only if the following network connection is available

where are all this connection names stored? I haven't found it in register

is it possible to list these in cmd or powershell?

how to maintain this list? remove old entries.

how to check the currently available network connections from this list?

thx in advance for any help

:)

HoKe(2), Jan 2, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Schedules task has slow network transfers?

I have a bat file that I use to backup all my data from one computer to another. They are on a gigabit network.

When I run the bat file normally(by double clicking it), it will transfer fast. Network untilization is usually in the 40-50% range.

Now, if I schedule a task to run the bat file, it transfers extremely slow. Network utilization is usually in the 2-3% range.

It takes multiple hours to finish the backup if it runs as a task and there is any new data.

Are scheduled tasks limitted in some why that might be causing this?

This is Vista x64.

newtekie1, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

"Task scheduler service is not available."?!

I am having the same problem after the Anniversary Update. Same as meimeiriver2,
    where it is just 1 task. Task Scheduler is certainly running, as many other tasks execute normally as before the upgrade.

I narrowed down the problem a little bit. This particular task was set with the condition to "Start only if the following network connection is available" and to a specific network. When
    I change that condition to "Any connection", the task runs normally again on its usual schedule. Change the setting back, and the "Task scheduler service is not available..." error returns.

I have tried an assortment of the usual Task Schedule problem solutions: Run only when user is logged on (both variations), Configure for... previous Windows versions, making sure the password
    is correctly set, etc. Nothing makes a difference if a specific network is selected.

Being suspicious, I check similar tasks on 2 other systems - they all have the identical problem. And changing to "Any connection" allows the task to run again. Problem is that the specific
    network is a required condition for this particular Task. So I really want to find a work-around.

Any ideas or suggestions?

One suspicion: is Task Scheduler mistakenly trying to run the task as if on a remote system?

Steve Baron, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

1. Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler run

2. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  3. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  4. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Scheduled task not running

Scheduled task not running: I use the "portable apps" platform to hold a lot of small programs I dont want installed - but even from my C: ssd its very slow to load. So I have set up a scheduled task to run it as soon as the pc becomes idle. [ATTACH] However it does not run. Even when I right-click...
  6. Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler

Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler: Task scheduler using local non-admin account to run shutdown /s not working. Asks for password then gives error that account does not have privileges'. I change the user running the account to admin, run whether logged off or not, not storing password, same error after...
  7. How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?: Hi all, I'm looking to run a task that only triggers if *not* connected to a specific network/connected to any network *other* than the one specified (wanted to phrase the question both ways so that it's more likely to help other people out searching for a solution to the...
  8. How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?: Hi all, I'm looking to run a task that only triggers if *not* connected to a specific network/connected to any network *other* than the one specified (wanted to phrase the question both ways so that it's more likely to help other people out searching for a solution to the...
  9. Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...: I am able to schedule tasks with the first option that is - run when the user is logged on. But when I try with the other option - run whether the user is logged on or not, it doesn't work....
  10. Task Scheduler Not Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. how to run task in task scheduler for a specific user

3. task scheduler network connection active

4. windows task scheduler connected to network