Windows 10: Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2

Discus and support Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I needed to create a new task and schedule it. First time I've configured Windows for tasks, so I did a bit of exploration. I noticed a fair number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Oct 27, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2

I needed to create a new task and schedule it. First time I've configured Windows for tasks, so I did a bit of exploration. I noticed a fair number of tasks were scheduled for these older versions of Windows. *Eek
    • Will these tasks still run OK on my Win 10 Pro 64 system?
    • Do I need to reconfigure these tasks for Win 10?
    • Is there some automatic tool or way to easily edit the registry to do this reconfiguration?

:)

2. [Ion] Win User

Free Windows Server 2008 (and 2008 R2) for students

Microsoft recently added Windows Server 2008 R2 to Dreamspark, so now Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2 are available for free to any student enrolled in a class at any of the universities on their list. Windows Server 2008 R2 can be converted so that it is like Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 can be converted so that it is like Vista. I'm still running XP Pro, but only until I find a free antivirus program for server operating systems *Roll Eyes Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 :rolleyes:

[Ion], Oct 27, 2018
  3. Bryan Lim (bryan.lim) Win User
    Win2008 Server R2 Windows Scheduler

Hi, I've 200 batch jobs scheduled in my server Win 2008 Server R2 windows task scheduler.

If i update the Administrator password, do i need to update all my 200 batch jobs to the new password or

Window server itself would take care of it?

Bryan Lim (bryan.lim), Oct 27, 2018
  4. alexp999 Win User

Microsoft Officially RTMs Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Microsoft Corp. today announced the release to manufacturing (RTM) of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, the next versions of its flagship desktop and server operating systems. With the completion of this development phase, industry partners are readying products in time for the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 worldwide general launches. Windows 7 will be generally available to customers around the world on October 22, and Windows Server 2008 R2 will be generally available on or before that date. As always, current customers of the Windows Volume Licensing program, Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) subscribers and TechNet subscribers will be among the first to get customer access to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 in the coming weeks.

Microsoft will make the announcement on its Windows Team and Windows Server Blogs later today. More information about today's news is available via the following links:

Source: Microsoft

alexp999, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler tasks

2. TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK SCHEDULER: Hi guys, I'm trying to create some task by the Task Scheduler but the program does not recognize my Microsoft User name or password. I already checked and both are correct. What am I supposed to do? Thanks!...
  3. End of support guidance for Windows Server & SQL Server 2008 and R2

in Windows 10 News
    End of support guidance for Windows Server & SQL Server 2008 and R2: End of support is coming for two commonly deployed server products. Now is the ideal time to upgrade, modernize and transform to current versions of SQL Server, Windows Server and Azure services for more security, performance and innovation. In this video, you'll learn where...
  4. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: At one time I was showed how to set an alarm using Task scheduler. It worked great when I was using Windows 7. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, it doesn't work anymore. I put in the scheduler the same words but when it is time to go, a pop up comes and asks "what...
  5. Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Errors - SPP & other scheduled tasks: Hi, Been noticing a number of errors when I open task scheduler for e.g. SVC Restart Task - The task XML contains a value that is incorrectly formatted or out of range" Other than the aforementioned task there are errors with the following: a) Schedule Scan b) Reboot...
  6. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler: Will this work without username password logging on? In windows7 you had to have password to make it work. 35020
  7. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...
  8. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: Does anyone know how often the app update task schedule runs? And how to change it? I have auto app updates switched off but I know the update checker still runs. As I will sometimes open store and see app updates waiting to be manually downloaded. I'm not saying the above...
  9. Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows: here is how you can bulk export all tasks: create a folder named "all tasks" on desktop run that in powershell as admin (change the path bellow) Code: Get-ScheduledTask | foreach {Export-ScheduledTask -TaskName $_.TaskName -TaskPath $_.TaskPath |Out-File (Join-Path...
  10. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have set up a scheduled task called its time and every time I try to run it here is what comes up. I am using Win 10 and have plenty of ram 12GB. Here is message in attachment. Please help. It has worked in past with Win7. But no go in Win10?? [img] I'm not sure I did...