Windows 10: Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2

Discus and support Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I needed to create a new task and schedule it. First time I've configured Windows for tasks, so I did a bit of exploration. I noticed a fair number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Oct 27, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2

I needed to create a new task and schedule it. First time I've configured Windows for tasks, so I did a bit of exploration. I noticed a fair number of tasks were scheduled for these older versions of Windows. *Eek
    • Will these tasks still run OK on my Win 10 Pro 64 system?
    • Do I need to reconfigure these tasks for Win 10?
    • Is there some automatic tool or way to easily edit the registry to do this reconfiguration?

:)

2. [Ion] Win User

Free Windows Server 2008 (and 2008 R2) for students

Microsoft recently added Windows Server 2008 R2 to Dreamspark, so now Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2 are available for free to any student enrolled in a class at any of the universities on their list. Windows Server 2008 R2 can be converted so that it is like Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 can be converted so that it is like Vista. I'm still running XP Pro, but only until I find a free antivirus program for server operating systems *Roll Eyes Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 :rolleyes:

[Ion], Oct 27, 2018
  3. Win2008 Server R2 Windows Scheduler

Hi, I've 200 batch jobs scheduled in my server Win 2008 Server R2 windows task scheduler.

If i update the Administrator password, do i need to update all my 200 batch jobs to the new password or

Window server itself would take care of it?

Bryan Lim (bryan.lim), Oct 27, 2018
  4. alexp999 Win User

Microsoft Officially RTMs Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Microsoft Corp. today announced the release to manufacturing (RTM) of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, the next versions of its flagship desktop and server operating systems. With the completion of this development phase, industry partners are readying products in time for the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 worldwide general launches. Windows 7 will be generally available to customers around the world on October 22, and Windows Server 2008 R2 will be generally available on or before that date. As always, current customers of the Windows Volume Licensing program, Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) subscribers and TechNet subscribers will be among the first to get customer access to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 in the coming weeks.

Microsoft will make the announcement on its Windows Team and Windows Server Blogs later today. More information about today's news is available via the following links:

Source: Microsoft

alexp999, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler tasks

2. windows server 2008 R2 activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server 2008 R2 activation: windows server 2008 R2 activation doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2008-r2-activation/d76952f3-34c9-45dd-9969-6c4727007c24
  3. Task Scheduler in Windows Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler in Windows Server: Hi M.S Community, I need a suggestion and a solution regarding task scheduler. If I am using a HOST machine with 2 VM's running, and I want to restart all three machines. Can I set a task scheduler in HOST machine and will that be running on VM's as well ? If yes, then its...
  4. Task Scheduler in Windows Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler in Windows Server: Hi M.S Community, I need a suggestion and a solution regarding task scheduler. If I am using a HOST machine with 2 VM's running, and I want to restart all three machines. Can I set a task scheduler in HOST machine and will that be running on VM's as well ? If yes, then its...
  5. Task Scheduler in Windows Server

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. KB2522766 Windows Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB2522766 Windows Server 2008 R2: Hello, I would need to apply KB2522766 on a windows server 2008 R2 and I'm unable to find a download source. Please let me know how can I request this hotfix.Regards,...
  7. KB2522766 Windows Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB2522766 Windows Server 2008 R2: Hello, I would need to apply KB2522766 on a windows server 2008 R2 and I'm unable to find a download source. Please let me know how can I request this hotfix.Regards,...
  8. Task Scheduler Configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Configuration: I've had a problem with my computer rebooting instead of Sleeping. In an effort to fix the issue, I noticed that the Task Scheduler is configured for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008. When I try to change the configuration to Windows 10, an Username/Password pop-up...
  9. Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool: So im going through my pc's with a comb (you've noticed if you are following this forum lol) and i came across this. Due to the fact I have 2 entries on this pc, and 1 on my backup pc, I "think" i know what it is, but I want to make sure as I dont recall them being there in...
  10. Task scheduler "configure for" option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler "configure for" option: As title suggests, i have a doubt regarding that part of the task scheduler activities. I own a windows 10 OS and all my microsoft-made task are cofigured for like windows server 2008 and stuff like that, while there is, in each of those tasks, an option labeled precisely...