Windows 10: Task Scheduler Tasks copy file to mapped network drive fails

Discus and support Task Scheduler Tasks copy file to mapped network drive fails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've read a dozen or so of the posts regarding Task Scheduler issues - so far haven't seen my issue solved. Tasks which functioned more-or-less in W7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jhonnie, Dec 28, 2019.

1. jhonnie Win User

Task Scheduler Tasks copy file to mapped network drive fails

I've read a dozen or so of the posts regarding Task Scheduler issues - so far haven't seen my issue solved.
    Tasks which functioned more-or-less in W7 were saved, then imported to a new PC with a fresh install of W10. They seem to have imported intact. They all call batch files.
    One of the commands in a batch file is to copy a file from the local C: drive to a shared network drive. The drive is already mapped for the logged-on user as "P:".
    If exists c:\userdir\example.dat copy c:\userdir\example.dat p:\example.dat
    I made a new BAT file that only has this command. When I run the bat file manually (double-click) it functions, but if I run the task which calls it, the action fails.
    The Windows account has full privileges on the share (mapped network) drive and admin rights on the PC. What could be stopping the Task Scheduler-invoked bat file command from copying the file?
    Thanks,
    JR
    Windows Version 10.0.17763

:)

jhonnie, Dec 28, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Schedules task has slow network transfers?

I have a bat file that I use to backup all my data from one computer to another. They are on a gigabit network.

When I run the bat file normally(by double clicking it), it will transfer fast. Network untilization is usually in the 40-50% range.

Now, if I schedule a task to run the bat file, it transfers extremely slow. Network utilization is usually in the 2-3% range.

It takes multiple hours to finish the backup if it runs as a task and there is any new data.

Are scheduled tasks limitted in some why that might be causing this?

This is Vista x64.

newtekie1, Dec 28, 2019
  3. jgunning Win User
    Task Scheduler Batch file

Hi all,

Looking for some help.Im creating a batch file to run for different users to add a scheduled task. HOWEVER - the whole thing works great and has done for some time.But after i run the batch file on each machine (different users) i have to go into the security options and change the user the task runs in to the unique user of that machine. Is there a way to use the batch file to pull the account name of the machine (or computer name) and use that as the user the task runs in?

Thanks =)

jgunning, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Task Scheduler Tasks copy file to mapped network drive fails

Task scheduler

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What error message you're getting while using Task Scheduler?

Suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with corrupted system files:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if the issue still occurs. If the problem still persist, try to check the issue by creating other User Profile to see if problem still arises.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Task Scheduler Tasks copy file to mapped network drive fails

1. Task Scheduler Tasks copy file to mapped network drive fails - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Tasks

2. Terminating Task Scheduler Task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminating Task Scheduler Task: I have set up at Task Scheduler Job with the following specifications --Repeat task every 5 minutes for a duration of 15 minutesStop all running tasks at end of repetition durationStop task if it runs longer than 30 minutes My intention was to have the task start, run for 5...
  3. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  4. copy file to onedrive mapped as a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy file to onedrive mapped as a network drive: Hi I have my onedrive mapped as network drive, with some of the folders as local copy. When I try to copy a file from my desktop to a onedrive folder that does not have a local copy, the copy is initiated and ends in saying 0-bytes to copy. Despite of that the copy fails, the...
  5. Powershell script to copy file to network runs manually, but not from Task Scheduler

Powershell script to copy file to network runs manually, but not from Task Scheduler: Hi All, I am trying to copy file from one domain to another domainTrust not enabled. So we made a Powershell script to copy file from sourceone domain to destinationanother domain which works fine when running through powershell console but not from Task Scheduler. We need...
  6. Task Schedule for network mapping reconnect after random disconnection

Task Schedule for network mapping reconnect after random disconnection: Hi everyone, I have a challenge concerning a computer in a networt who randomly drops the network mappings so that the user cannot save his open docs anymore and loses his work and a lot of time. Our It service is not using Group Policies because of some software...
  7. Create task in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  8. Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol: Hi, I would like to schedule a task to run only if a specific network connection is active. there are a lot of connections available in the list under the option Start only if the following network connection is available where are all this connection names stored? I...
  9. file save & task scheduler

file save & task scheduler: I save my backup files on a separate PC which I am using for storage of pictures . how can I setup the task scheduler on my main PC to start my 2nd PC to backup my files, and after 30minutes using the task scheduler on PC 2 to ask if I wanted to turn of the PC? can any one...
  10. Task Scheduler at startup fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler at startup fails: Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run. 101817

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network drive slow copy fails