Windows 10: Task Scheduler to restart iTunes in FOREGROUND

Discus and support Task Scheduler to restart iTunes in FOREGROUND in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi ten people! I have found that my iTunes has a feature that seems to only backup my iPhone if I restart iTunes, so I have tried to create a task in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lrw, Dec 8, 2018.

1. LRW
    lrw Win User

Task Scheduler to restart iTunes in FOREGROUND

Hi ten people!

I have found that my iTunes has a feature that seems to only backup my iPhone if I restart iTunes, so I have tried to create a task in Task Scheduler that would start iTunes. I was able to do that but the iTunes only runs in the background as I can see it running in task manager. Is there a switch to force it to run in the foreground? I would like to monitor the progress if possible. Also I am unable to run another instance in the foreground by clicking on the iTunes icon as it says it is already running.

I am sure it is something simple but I could not find any hits when searching for a solution.

Thanks,

:)

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Task Scheduler to restart iTunes in FOREGROUND

Task Scheduler service will not start.

Thank you for updating us. If Task Scheduler will not start, we suggest that you restart it. The service might be disabled that's why the task will not run. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot Task Scheduler.

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Services in the Start Search box.
    • Right-Click Services, and select Run as Administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click
      Continue.
    • Right-click the Task Scheduler Service and select Restart.
    And have you tried running the System File Checker scan as an Administrator. For more information check this
    article. You can also perform DISM after performing SFC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Task Scheduler to restart iTunes in FOREGROUND

1. Task Scheduler to restart iTunes in FOREGROUND - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler restart

2. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: I want to schedule a video file using task scheduler and the task scheduler is working properly and the wizard opens where I have to choose an application to run the video file but when I select VLC or Power Media Player, it shows these errors: Why is it happening?...
  3. No foreground apps showing in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No foreground apps showing in task manager: So i updated to windows insider preview windows 11 build 22478.rs_prerelease.211008-1414 and no foreground/opened apps are showing in taskmanager under "Apps" section. I normally use RAM section to reorder apps running with the most ram usage so I can see what's hogging up my...
  4. Task to be scheduled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task to be scheduled: Hi,My requirement is that systemwhich flap is down and it is shutdown should turn on daily 7 amIt should open MS Teams and certain more apps.I tried the Windows Task scheduler but No such optionCan anyone suggest any Program for this or guide me for this requirement in Task...
  5. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler: Hey r/windows10, I'm trying to use Task Scheduler, and struggling. I've looked around on the internet for solutions, but either my searches aren't worded right, or this isn't a common question, but essentially what I'm trying to do is make my computer shut down at 2am if I...
  6. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  7. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  8. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  9. scheduled task restart & logon

in Windows 10 Support
    scheduled task restart & logon: It is often the case that when I come to work in the morning and wake-up my desktop, automated programs get triggered and really slow down my computer and I can’t really do efficient work for a while, sometimes an hour or so. These include full disc scans mandated by the...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...