Windows 10: Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

Discus and support Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mauditt mauditt, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

Hello,

I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this task" - see photos in the attachment. It is a Windows 10 x64 build 1903 version 18362.175
    It wakes up constantly my computer when it is off.

It is ASUS X540LJ notebook, all drivers are updated, no detected error with sfc / scannow as well as with DISM ... CheckHealth, ScanHealth and RestoreHealth.

Well thank you, Martin.

:)

mauditt mauditt, Jun 19, 2019

2. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

You keep talking about a "folder". Task scheduler items are files, not
    folders, even though they have no name extension (i.e. no full stop or anything else to the right of the name).

I suspect the task is protected through its entry in the registry. You need to open the registry editor (regedit.exe), then do this:

• Navigate to this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\
    • Find "UpdateOrchestrator", using Ctrl+F. It will be against a key such as

{AB62362D-3EF5-4BD4-92E1-D96143FD8738}
    • Change the owner of the key to "Administrators"
    • Grant full access to "Administrators".

You then need to take the same four steps with this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\

Frederik Long, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Information on task Scheduling

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the suggestions below:

By default, if it's time for your regularly scheduled backup and your computer is off, sleeping, or hibernating, Windows Backup skips the backup and waits for your next scheduled backup. However, if you want to automatically wake the computer
    to perform backup, you can use the task scheduler.

To schedule a task to wake the computer before the scheduled backup time follow these steps:

1. Click on Start button and type “Task Scheduler” in the start search box and press enter.

2. Select the “Task Scheduler” from the menu and click on “Actions” and then select “Create task”.

3. Click “Conditions” tab and make sure that “Wake the computer to run this task” is checked.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

Hi ErolD.IT,

Your computer may have been set to run tasks such as software updates, security scan, and system diagnostics when not in use. Let's look into your computer's
    System and Maintenance page and see if the mentioned option is enabled. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Navigate to System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
    3. Expand the Maintenance category.
    4. Under Automatic Maintenance, click Change maintenance settings.
    5. Uncheck the Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time option.
    6. Click OK.

You may also disable the wake timers under Power options. Here's how:

1. Open Control Panel, then click Power Options.
    2. At the right pane of your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    3. Click Change advanced power settings.
    4. Locate and expand the Sleep option on the list.
    5. Expand Allow wake timers, then set the Setting to
      Disable
    6. Click Apply, then OK.

Please let me know how it goes so I can further assist you if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

1. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler UpdateOrchestrator

2. How to backup and restore task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to backup and restore task scheduler in case of handling corrupted fileDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  3. How to backup and restore task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup and restore task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to backup and restore task scheduler in case of handling corrupted fileDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  4. Scheduled Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scheduled Scan: I want to schedule a weekly scan. But, in Task Scheduler, the choice of scheduling a scan is not present. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scheduled-scan/8e1ee21d-0d90-43a0-b464-66635ed32fea
  5. Task Scheduler of Scheduled Scan Applied from SCCM disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Scheduler of Scheduled Scan Applied from SCCM disappeared: Hello Everyone, We use SCCM to apply a Scheduled Scan full Scan for all clients on every Monday. Previously, we can check the Scheduled Scan in Task Scheduler of clients, but on the recent days, this Scheduled task disappear from the Task Scheduler. As I checked in...
  6. Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin: I also seem am unable to run File Explorer as Admin, even though my user Account is an Administrator and belongs to the Administrators group. I have also enabled and logged in as the built-in local system Admin, and receive the same error message about not having rights to...
  7. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis: Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this...
  8. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled: I put my machine to sleep. It wakes up due to a task in Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator > Schedule Retry Scan [ATTACH] I am the administrator of my own home machine and I would like to disable this as I do NOT want my machine waking when I am not using it. This...
  9. Scheduling backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Scheduling backup: Hi folks I just decided to use File history as a backup for Windows 10. I'm backing up to a 1TB Hard Drive. How can I tell File History to start the backup at a specific time each day when I'm not busy or when the computer is still active? Thanks in advance Bob H 95322
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updateorchestrator\backup scan

2. updateorchestrator - backup scan