Windows 10: Task Scheduler User Information

Discus and support Task Scheduler User Information in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to schedule a job to run from a software program that reads data from a server. The job works when I manually run it as I am prompted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Connie Harbison, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Task Scheduler User Information

I am trying to schedule a job to run from a software program that reads data from a server. The job works when I manually run it as I am prompted to add my account information before running the task each time. The issue is that I cannot get the job to run on a scheduled basis as it cannot logon to the server since I did not enter my account information before the run. The issue seems to happen for only one server an Azure server. All was working ok until past few months when there was an issue with the Azure server and the "fix" caused me to no longer have ability to run schedule jobs.

:)

Connie Harbison, Jun 11, 2021

2. Information on task Scheduling

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the suggestions below:

By default, if it's time for your regularly scheduled backup and your computer is off, sleeping, or hibernating, Windows Backup skips the backup and waits for your next scheduled backup. However, if you want to automatically wake the computer
    to perform backup, you can use the task scheduler.

To schedule a task to wake the computer before the scheduled backup time follow these steps:

1. Click on Start button and type “Task Scheduler” in the start search box and press enter.

2. Select the “Task Scheduler” from the menu and click on “Actions” and then select “Create task”.

3. Click “Conditions” tab and make sure that “Wake the computer to run this task” is checked.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Task Scheduler User Information

Task scheduler

No errors found by each suggestion. May have to do a clean install unless someone has a different solution

disherabcd, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Task Scheduler User Information

1. Task Scheduler User Information - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler User

2. Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials: I'm a system administrator and have an application .exe that I need to run when a standard user logs in, but with elevation. I have tried doing this with both Powershell and the Windows Task Scheduler using tips I've found online, however when I log in as a standard user I...
  3. Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials: I'm a system administrator and have an application .exe that I need to run when a standard user logs in, but with elevation. I have tried doing this with both Powershell and the Windows Task Scheduler using tips I've found online, however when I log in as a standard user I...
  4. Task scheduler run as system and logged in user

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler run as system and logged in user: I have a script which must be run as system in task scheduler. But at the end should be runned an exe file in that script as logged in user withouth username and password. Is that possible? 182571
  5. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  6. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  7. Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...: I am able to schedule tasks with the first option that is - run when the user is logged on. But when I try with the other option - run whether the user is logged on or not, it doesn't work....
  8. Windows Defender Default Scheduled Task - Looking For Information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Default Scheduled Task - Looking For Information: I'm looking for some information. If your on 1703, using Windows Defender and it's Default Scheduled Scan. The Last Run Results always shows 0x2 (Failed) ... no matter how the action is run (automatic or manual) Could you check your Windows Credentials / Generic...
  9. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...
  10. How to schedule a task as Standard User?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to schedule a task as Standard User?: I like to run Windows 10 as a Standard User. I use Syncthing to sync my files from my PC to my laptop and another machine. I want to schedule syncthing so that it starts when I log on. However when creating a task, I get a message saying the user doesn't have permission. How...