Windows 10: Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

Discus and support Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidJamieson5, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to sleep/hibernation. I would appreciate any suggestions to prevent this. The laptop is connected to power the whole time and I have disabled auto sleep. Thanks,

:)

DavidJamieson5, Oct 26, 2021
  2. claylomax Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

I only get hibernate and allow wake timers not allow hybrid sleep.

claylomax, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Toothless Win User

Turn off hybrid sleep/hibernate.

Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation [​IMG]

Toothless, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Toothless Win User

Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

Weird..

Toothless, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

1. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation - Similar Threads - Task scheduler wakes

2. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  3. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  4. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  5. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button, my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  6. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  7. Hibernate actually goes into sleep

Hibernate actually goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  8. wake from sleep but not hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    wake from sleep but not hibernation: I have a related problem. I would like to set some task scheduler tasks to wake ONLY from sleep and NOT hibernation when on battery power. Is that possible in win 10? Is it possible that certain BIOSes might allow that to be set? Why I want this: I like hibernation...
  9. BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate: Hello! I have BSODs after waking my computer up. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8.1. Waking from hibernate generates Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. Waking from sleep generates mostly IRQ NOT EQUAL. Could you please help? Thanks! 41620
  10. Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation: Hello, My computer keeps waking when I put it to sleep and I can't determine the cause. How do I find out the reason it woke up, and how do I force it to ignore this event in future? I have a feeling it's one of my peripherals, but I can't be sure. Thank you! 45576