Windows 10: Task Scheduler windows 10 always asking "how do you want to open this file"

Discus and support Task Scheduler windows 10 always asking "how do you want to open this file" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Need help please... Task Scheduler Problem...Windows 10. I already set default apps for play music..... but still every time the task run on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by denny charles, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Task Scheduler windows 10 always asking "how do you want to open this file"

Need help please...

Task Scheduler Problem...Windows 10.

I already set default apps for play music..... but still every time the task run on schedule to play music, it always show up "how do you want to open this file".

Before this i use windows 7 and no problem like windows 10.

I've tried also set the apps with administrator previlege and choose in task setting "run with highest previleges".... still won't work...

:)

denny charles, Jan 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2019
  3. RealTemp log file location when RealTemp started as scheduled task

When I start RealTemp manually, the RealTemp log file location seems to default to the folder in which the application is started.

When I started via a scheduled task, to start automatically when my laptop resumes from sleep, no log file appeared to be created.

The support team provided the answer, which is as follows:-

The problem is that when you use the Task Scheduler to start up RealTemp, when RealTemp asks Windows for the RealTemp folder location, Windows replies with a sub folder in C:\Windows. Same Windows function but it gives different answers depending on how RealTemp is started.

If you open up C:\Windows in File Explorer and do a search for RealTempLog.* ; you will find the log file in a subfolder, in my case C:\Windows\SysWOW64. The actual folder may vary with your version of Windows.

David Moors, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Task Scheduler windows 10 always asking "how do you want to open this file"

Task scheduler

No errors found by each suggestion. May have to do a clean install unless someone has a different solution

disherabcd, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Task Scheduler windows 10 always asking "how do you want to open this file"

1. Task Scheduler windows 10 always asking "how do you want to open this file" - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler always

2. Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?": Hi,I have used many computers with Windows 10 professional and NEVER I have been in the following annoying situation, with the last new pc.Even though the default programs are all set, every short while when I launch a file I get the question like in figure. Even after...
  3. Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?": Hi,I have used many computers with Windows 10 professional and NEVER I have been in the following annoying situation, with the last new pc.Even though the default programs are all set, every short while when I launch a file I get the question like in figure. Even after...
  4. Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Whenever i try opening a file or a app ive downloaded, it always asks 'how do you want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i try opening a file or a app ive downloaded, it always asks 'how do you want to...: ive tried youtube and nothing helps so wanted to ask yall.heres the error message : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-opening-a-file-or-a-app-ive/7b508b2a-41e0-4732-8089-0fe5d073d1fb
  6. Whenever i try opening a file or a app ive downloaded, it always asks 'how do you want to...

Whenever i try opening a file or a app ive downloaded, it always asks 'how do you want to...: ive tried youtube and nothing helps so wanted to ask yall.heres the error message : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-opening-a-file-or-a-app-ive/7b508b2a-41e0-4732-8089-0fe5d073d1fb
  7. Task Manager and Regedit Not Working, asked for "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager and Regedit Not Working, asked for "How do you want to open this file?": I edited my task manager to fix a broken file, and now no files are opening. I attempted to open Task Manager ant Ctrl + R and tried to open regedit, but a menu popped up, reading "How do you want to open this file?". What should I do?...
  8. Keeps asking "How do you want to open this file" when opening an image

Keeps asking "How do you want to open this file" when opening an image: This problem happen after April 2018 Update After I check "Always use this app to open .jpg files" and click OK.The same dialog box pops again and again This phenomena will only appear when I try to open any image files from applications: Thunderbird and uTorrent ***But...
  9. Skype Keeps asking 'How do you want to open this file?'

Skype Keeps asking 'How do you want to open this file?': Every time I go to open a pic from Skype IM it asks me what app to open the file with. The problem there is no check box in the list of apps to say always use this app, so it asks every single time. Gets annoying after the first time. *Smile 21529
  10. Stop asking How do you want to open this file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop asking How do you want to open this file: This happens a lot. I double-click a file to open and a popup windows appears asking How do you want to open this file? It already has the program associated with it highlighted, but I still have to check the box to Always use this program and then click OK. These are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler how do you want to open this file

2. task scheduler youll need a new app to open this .scr file

3. windows scheduler stop pop up asking for application

4. task scheduler mp3 how do you want to open this file,
  5. task scheduler asking how do you want,
  6. Task Scheduler job asking how I want to open file,
  7. task scheduler win 10 keeps asking what program to use,
  8. task scheduler how do you want to open this file?