Windows 10: Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open

Discus and support Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the code below. It worked on my old windows machine but now the code does not work for my Windows 10 machine. Thoughts? Here is the code and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kritter0021, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open

I have the code below. It worked on my old windows machine but now the code does not work for my Windows 10 machine. Thoughts? Here is the code and message I get. It asks me how do I want to open the file (picture below). Also, can I store this file on OneDrive and update in daily by using the Task Scheduler?

Dim oExcel

Set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

oExcel.Visible = True

oExcel.DisplayAlerts = False

oExcel.AskToUpdateLinks = False

oExcel.AlertBeforeOverwriting = False

Set oWorkbook = oExcel.Workbooks.Open("L:\Location\Test.xlsx")

oWorkbook.RefreshAll

oWorkbook.Save

oExcel.Quit

Set oWorkbook = Nothing

Set oExcel = Nothing

Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open 5b4ca06e-f2e7-4ec2-b719-136bfb44389b?upload=true.png

:)

Kritter0021, Mar 18, 2019
  2. theweav Win User

Excel spreadsheet with macro opens blank.

Dell Latitude E5500 laptop
    Windows 10 Professional
    Microsoft Excel Office XP Standard with 2007 Conversion

I have created a spreadsheet that opened normally until I added a "Clear Contents" control & macro. Now when I attempt to open the file, it opens with a blank screen. Within that blank screen I can Open the spreadsheet. My Dell 660 PC with Windows 10 Home and the same Excel software works fine on that spreadsheet. Any help will be much appreciated.

theweav, Mar 18, 2019
  3. SKeithLA Win User
    Task scheduler not completing task

After upgrading recently to Windows 10, certain tasks stopped working. I decided to create the tasks all over again.

The way these tasks work is to open an Excel spreadsheet at a certain time in the early morning.

There is VBA code macro set to run on opening. It accesses information from an SQL Server database, sends it out as an email, and then closes itself. It used to work fine before the upgrade to 10.

I've tried a lot of different things to get it to work: I am creating the task from the Owner account, which is an administrator. I have tried opening the Task Scheduler "as administrator." (The spreadsheet to be opened is also located in a directory of
    the Owner account, from a trusted location.) I've tried running the task "with highest privileges."

The problem is not the spreadsheet or the VBA code. I am able to run the code and send out the emails by "manually" opening the spreadsheet. It is just that the task won't open it.

The task history shows the following as the last three entries: "Created Task Process", "Task Started", and finally "Action Started."

However, the spreadsheet doesn't seem to be opening.

Any ideas?

SKeithLA, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open

Error on opening task scheduler

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have tried Method 1 and had no luck. The error still appears when opening Task Scheduler and again when I click Refresh.

Method 2 seems to have step 3 missing as I don't know what code I am looking for in step 4 or where to look for it in the Task Scheduler window.

I will await further instruction.

Thanks again.

DavidSayer63, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open

1. Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Refreshing

2. Open Excel Spreadsheets in "maximum" view in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Excel Spreadsheets in "maximum" view in Windows: How can I ensure that all Excell Spreadsheets always open in maximum view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-excel-spreadsheets-in-maximum-view-in-windows/79f9eaeb-30cd-4389-ad70-fe3a7b05e6e5
  3. Open Excel Spreadsheets in "maximum" view in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Excel Spreadsheets in "maximum" view in Windows: How can I ensure that all Excell Spreadsheets always open in maximum view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-excel-spreadsheets-in-maximum-view-in-windows/79f9eaeb-30cd-4389-ad70-fe3a7b05e6e5
  4. Open Excel Spreadsheets in "maximum" view in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Excel spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel spreadsheet: I can no longer copy my credit card statement into an Excel worksheet so that each charged item appears in a single horizontal cell like I used to be able to do. Instead, the entire list of charges appears in a single vertical row. What can I do?...
  6. Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file: When I setup a scheduled task within window 7, it works fine and open an excel file, but when I do the same setting under window 10, it can open excel application, but not able to open excel file. I have double checked on both PC and confirm those scheduled settings are...
  7. Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet by runnig script using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet by runnig script using Task Scheduler: I have the code below. It worked on my old windows machine but now the code does not work for my Windows 10 machine. Thoughts? Here is the code and message I get. It asks me how do I want to open the file (picture below). Also, can I store this file on OneDrive and...
  8. Excel Spreadsheet

Excel Spreadsheet: A simple xlsm spreadsheet suddenly stopped loading. Clicking on the icon to load, and alternatively clicking on the file itself, the green EXCEL screen shows, It asks to update links, answer as previously is Dont update, then the screen remains blank and nothing happens....
  9. Can't open some excel spreadsheets

Can't open some excel spreadsheets: I have Windows 10 and I recently installed Publisher onto my computer now I cannot open some spreadsheets. I don't get any type of error message they just won't open....
  10. Excel spreadsheets open blank.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spreadsheets open blank.: Recently my Excel programs began to open with a blank Excel screen. I can go to Open in the blank sheet and open the spreadsheet from there. This happening on my Dell Latitude E5500 Laptop. This has been working fine for years. My PC is opening my Excel spreadsheets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler refresh excel sheet

2. opening a spreadsheet with windows task scheduler daily

3. scheduled refresh excel in ONEDRIVE

4. microsoft scheduler run refresh script in ONEDRIVE,
  5. windows 10 open excel spreadsheet every week,
  6. task scheduler open excel,
  7. excel vba running on task scheduler wont stop running until I log in remotely,
  8. windows 10 task scheduler to open a excel worksheet,
  9. task scheduler wont open excel windows 10,
  10. open excel speadsheet with windows 10 scheduler,
  11. task scheduler refresh an excel file,
  12. task scheduler open onedrive excel and update