Windows 10: Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup

Discus and support Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I have the AutoHotKey script, to permanently lock the NumLock key. I converted it to an .exe file because I thought that would solve the Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ReallyFrustratd, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup

So, I have the AutoHotKey script, to permanently lock the NumLock key. I converted it to an .exe file because I thought that would solve the Task Scheduler problem. The thing is, its not working! I checked Task Manager, and it actually shows up there, after restart, but its not actually working, as in I can turn Num Lock off.

I adjusted the settings as you can see,

Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup [​IMG]

BUT the exe file works only if I double click it. But I really want it to work as a scheduled task on start up.

I tried using a batch file to run it, as in scheduled a task to run the batch file, that starts the .exe, again it shows up in Task Manager, but does not permanently lock the NumLock, unless I double click it aka activate it manually. Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

ReallyFrustratd, Sep 26, 2020

2. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Task Scheduler: schedule to run an .exe file

Hello,

I would like to schedule a task to run an .exe file daily, the .exe file is generated by python scripts

after opening the Task scheduler,

in General tab: Run whether user is logged on or not (checked)

Run with hightest pivileges (checked)

Configure for Windows 10

in Trigger tab: I chose the right time

in Action tab: I typed in C:\Users\Lawrence\Dropbox\test.exe in program/script

in Conditions tab and Settings tab: I chose the right checkboxes as I have run some tasks before

I dont' know how should I set the setting in Action tab. Any thoughts? thank you very much.

Lawrence

LawrenceMa, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup

Windows 10 Task Scheduler: schedule to run an .exe file

Well you should select "Change Settings for all Users" in photo above.

It might not run in admin mode, it was only a suggestion. Or if it did in admin mode, you would probably get the pop up security box on start up to select YES to allow it to run.

Task Scheduler, There are 5 tabs to set it up. You may need to set them all up. Different apps and services need to be set differently.

You may have to also take ownership of the file to run and add yourself in the list with full permissions.

Good Luck.

There are tutorials on web for creating tasks.

seahawks65, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup

1. Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler wont

2. How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?: I have an Application, an EXE, that would close a single window of File Explorer every time it runs, however, setting Task Scheduler to run it, it does not run, It remains within "Running" indefinitely without actually running the exe.A solution is to set the task to "Run...
  3. How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?: I have an Application, an EXE, that would close a single window of File Explorer every time it runs, however, setting Task Scheduler to run it, it does not run, It remains within "Running" indefinitely without actually running the exe.A solution is to set the task to "Run...
  4. How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  6. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  7. Task scheduler - add a task with .exe and input files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler - add a task with .exe and input files: Need help - when I ran .exe manualy with input files , the .exe create reports . When I add the .exe in the task scheduler , looks like is not finding the input files . How to fix this ? Where have to place the input files...
  8. Task Scheduler is Empty and wont run

Task Scheduler is Empty and wont run: i tried installing a certain app, but that said it needed task scheduler to run, so i tried running that, but my windows laptop just wont run it at all. i dont know what to do anymore, i a lot of commands, but none of them work [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Task Scheduler Not Running

Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  10. .exe file wont run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe file wont run: So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help? 61193