Windows 10: Task scheduler won't start

Discus and support Task scheduler won't start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the problem whare the task scheduler in services is set to automatice but fails to start and log in is greyed out. I have tried many solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by seanclyde, Aug 4, 2018.

1. seanclyde Win User

Task scheduler won't start

I have the problem whare the task scheduler in services is set to automatice but fails to start and log in is greyed out. I have tried many solutions and none have worked. However I did find a solution and it was down to my own error. I used a program called DISMPP-10 and disabled the Timebroker service. It appears that it stopped me being able to optimise my SSD because the task scheduler would not start. Once I set the service to manual I could once again optimise my SSD and in services Task scheduler was running again.

I know there is a way to disable the Timebroker service in the registry so if you have done this and are having problems with the Task scheduler, it might help to restore it to manual.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TokenBroker\Start

A value of 3 is manual

A value of 4 is disabled

:)

seanclyde, Aug 4, 2018

2. Task Scheduler service will not start.

Thank you for updating us. If Task Scheduler will not start, we suggest that you restart it. The service might be disabled that's why the task will not run. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot Task Scheduler.

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Services in the Start Search box.
    • Right-Click Services, and select Run as Administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click
      Continue.
    • Right-click the Task Scheduler Service and select Restart.
    And have you tried running the System File Checker scan as an Administrator. For more information check this
    article. You can also perform DISM after performing SFC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Task scheduler won't start

Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Task scheduler won't start

1. Task scheduler won't start - Similar Threads - Task scheduler won't

2. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  3. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  4. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task scheduler started and then stopped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler started and then stopped: I have tried to restart my pc, the command sfc /scannow, all its dependencies are started. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-started-and-then-stopped/c93037d9-1f67-4608-83df-68be8f2da9df
  6. Task Scheduler service won't start starts and stops for not being used!?

Task Scheduler service won't start starts and stops for not being used!?: So I've done absolutely nothing and all of a sudden when I opened my pc, Task Scheduler and other functions were missing windows search, keyboard language. I fixed search and language by running C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe but I simply cannot start task scheduler. I've...
  7. Task scheduled in Task Scheduler won't run from shortcut

Task scheduled in Task Scheduler won't run from shortcut: I have a task set up in Task Scheduler on Win 10 Pro 64-bit and it runs correctly when run from Task Scheduler. I cannot get the task to run from a shortcut. I do not know whether this is relevant, but in the Settings window of Task Scheduler it shows the checkbox next to...
  8. Task Scheduler won't start? [FIXES]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler won't start? [FIXES]: So I had this task scheduler problem for 3 month since I got a new laptop. I've looked for solution on this and other sites but no solution found. I go to the Youtube and see if anyone knows the solution, and I found it. It was by the Youtuber named ComputerSluggish...
  9. Task Scheduler is not starting

Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  10. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Will Not Start: Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update. When I try to start it from services I get that error. [img] When I try to launch the task scheduler...