Windows 10: Task Scheduler wrong password

Discus and support Task Scheduler wrong password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to make a task run at startup, I selected run whether user is logged in or not. It then asks for a password, but it says its incorrect. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SnowFuhrer, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Task Scheduler wrong password

When I try to make a task run at startup, I selected run whether user is logged in or not. It then asks for a password, but it says its incorrect. I have tried numerous times but it keeps getting this error. Task Scheduler wrong password [​IMG]

:)

SnowFuhrer, Jun 27, 2020

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Agrippa Win User
    Using Task Scheduler without a password

I have Win10 64bit Home Edition.

I was following your tutorial for using Task Scheduler to provide automatic scheduling for System Restore. When I reached the final stage it failed. The error message suggested that this was because I was using a blank password.

A bit of googling showed that to use a blank password I needed to amend the Local Security Policy using secpol or gpedit. I cannot access them on my PC - past experience suggests that they are not allowed in Home Edition.

Is there any way for me to use a blank password in Task Scheduler? I am the only person with access to my PC and having to use a password for Windows is simply a piece of unnecessary hassle.

Agrippa, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Suman_B Win User

Task Scheduler wrong password

Scheduled task triggered at wrong time

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

• What is the version and build of you operating system? In the
      Search box, type
      winver to get this info.

I would suggest you to delete the previous task and recreate the task Scheduler and check the run time.

Refer this article Using a Task scheduler

Please reply back with the result and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Task Scheduler wrong password

1. Task Scheduler wrong password - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler wrong

2. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler asks for password: Hi there!When I create a task and select the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' it asks for an admin user and password, which I don't know.I am the only user for my computer....
  3. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler asks for password: Hi there!When I create a task and select the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' it asks for an admin user and password, which I don't know.I am the only user for my computer....
  4. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Asking for a Password: I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task scheduler asking for a password; for me, they all seemed to be locked from additional responses. To clarify, this isn't a question,...
  5. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

Task Scheduler Asking for a Password: I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task scheduler asking for a password; for me, they all seemed to be locked from additional responses. To clarify, this isn't a question,...
  6. Task Scheduler Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Password: When I use to use my task scheduler to create a task I never had to enter a password at the end. I just clicked on the blank space and I was good to go. I recently had a problem with my Desktop PC that required me to do a reinstall of windows 10. Now I get an error message...
  7. Password to run task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password to run task scheduler: I am at an absolute loss on this. HOW do you find out which password is necessary to do this?? I enter no password to access my desktop computer running Windows 10 Pro, I've tried running the task scheduler as an admin, the username it's asking for a password to appears to be...
  8. Task Scheduler asking for password ?

Task Scheduler asking for password ?: I wanted to change a property of a task in Task Scheduler but I was asked to input user name and password. [ATTACH] I only have one machine and I am the administrator so I don't understand. However i did try and use the email address and password for my User account but...
  9. Scheduled task triggered at wrong time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled task triggered at wrong time: I've created a task which should run every 3rd of a month. The trigger is [ATTACH] <Triggers> <CalendarTrigger> <StartBoundary>2016-11-16T02:00:00</StartBoundary> <Enabled>true</Enabled> <ScheduleByMonth> <DaysOfMonth>...
  10. task scheduler: wrong activation time

task scheduler: wrong activation time: task scheduler:Action with the trigger set to log in any user activates only the moment when the laptop is connected to the power source. The action activates with the highest level of authorisation. (this is my own action). program which i set as task scheduler action(.bat...