Windows 10: task scheduler: wrong time of action activation

Discus and support task scheduler: wrong time of action activation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; task scheduler:Action with the trigger set to log in any user activates only the moment when the laptop is connected to the power source. The action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stasio..., May 7, 2019.

1. Stasio... Win User

task scheduler: wrong time of action activation

task scheduler:Action with the trigger set to log in any user activates only the moment when the laptop is connected to the power source. The action activates with the highest level of authorisation. (this is my own action). program which i set as task scheduler action(.bat file) works normaly when laptop is not conected to power source.

WINdows version:

win10 home 1803

:)

Stasio..., May 7, 2019

2. Information on task Scheduling

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the suggestions below:

By default, if it's time for your regularly scheduled backup and your computer is off, sleeping, or hibernating, Windows Backup skips the backup and waits for your next scheduled backup. However, if you want to automatically wake the computer
    to perform backup, you can use the task scheduler.

To schedule a task to wake the computer before the scheduled backup time follow these steps:

1. Click on Start button and type “Task Scheduler” in the start search box and press enter.

2. Select the “Task Scheduler” from the menu and click on “Actions” and then select “Create task”.

3. Click “Conditions” tab and make sure that “Wake the computer to run this task” is checked.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 7, 2019
  3. Actions in Task Scheduler

Never had occasion to review Scheduler Events myself but try event logs to see if they're helpful in seeing what's up.

Open Task Scheduler. In right pane click Enable All Task History.

After tasks run, right click the task->Properties and click History tab. (events are listed in reverse time order)

You can also see all events for all tasks in Event Viewer. Click Applications and Services->Microsoft->Windows->TaskScheduler

ComputerGeek, May 7, 2019
  4. task scheduler: wrong time of action activation

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, May 7, 2019
Thema:

task scheduler: wrong time of action activation

1. task scheduler: wrong time of action activation - Similar Threads - task scheduler wrong

2. task scheduler trigger time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  3. task scheduler trigger time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  4. Task Scheduler wrong trigger time for monthly tasks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler wrong trigger time for monthly tasks: Hi, I would like to inform about problem with Task Scheduler work. I am working with TS quite active around year, and have ~50 scripts running from minute to once per year resolution. During this night one of my monthly scripts triggered the day before. I nearly same...
  5. Task Scheduler wrong password

Task Scheduler wrong password: When I try to make a task run at startup, I selected run whether user is logged in or not. It then asks for a password, but it says its incorrect. I have tried numerous times but it keeps getting this error. [IMG]...
  6. Scheduled task triggered at wrong time

Scheduled task triggered at wrong time: I've created a task which should run every 3rd of a month. The trigger is [ATTACH] <Triggers> <CalendarTrigger> <StartBoundary>2016-11-16T02:00:00</StartBoundary> <Enabled>true</Enabled> <ScheduleByMonth> <DaysOfMonth>...
  7. task scheduler: wrong activation time

in Windows 10 Customization
    task scheduler: wrong activation time: task scheduler:Action with the trigger set to log in any user activates only the moment when the laptop is connected to the power source. The action activates with the highest level of authorisation. (this is my own action). program which i set as task scheduler action(.bat...
  8. Task Scheduler is not activated?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler is not activated?: Hey there, im basically trying to do a new update on my pc. But whenever i tried it says Task Scheduler services are not active i tried to solve this problem using YouTube but it still dont works. When someone can contact me to help me trying to fix this issues this should...
  9. Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments: I've seen 2 ways to add the full scan argument to MpCmdRun.exe. The first is "-Scan -ScanType 2" (without the quotes). The second is "-Scan -ScheduleJob -ScanType 2" (without the quotes). I can't seem to find anything on the -ScheduleJob parameter. Can someone tell me...
  10. Actions in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Actions in Task Scheduler: I have two Scheduled tasks whose actions start the same program, but with different parameters. If these two program instances happen to get scheduled at more or less the same time, then one will wait for the other to finish. But it seems to me that sometimes the one...