Windows 10: task scheduler

Discus and support task scheduler in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ok so my housemate accessed my computer while i was outside hanging wash and tried to blame my cat for it but anyways i don't know what he did but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by foxytrash, Aug 9, 2019.

1. foxytrash Win User

task scheduler

ok so my housemate accessed my computer while i was outside hanging wash and tried to blame my cat for it but anyways i don't know what he did but it keeps creating a txt document with notepad on my laptops desktop with pre arranged wording already in it repeating the same text and i have the latest windows 10 version downloaded it today

its freaking annoying and i can't ask him what he did without letting him know i know he did something so i can get him back for it at a later date so i want to stop what he did and never tell him lol

all i know is he used task scheduler and who knows what else to set this up HELP!

:)

foxytrash, Aug 9, 2019

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 9, 2019
  4. task scheduler

Cannot schedule a task with Task Scheduler - error 2147942403

Hi,

I suggest you to check the below settings and check fi it helps.

• In task scheduler, click on the scheduled job properties > then settings.
    • In the last listed option: "If the task is already running, the following rule applies:"
    • Select "Stop the existing instance" from the drop down list.
    • Save and Exit. Then check whether the task is running or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

task scheduler

1. task scheduler - Similar Threads - task scheduler

2. Task Scheduler for driver updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler for driver updates?: Can Windows 10 Task Scheduler be used to set up driver updates for hardware and programs on my computer? Thanks for any information! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-for-driver-updates/35a87b06-c373-4ec2-92aa-4cb620b56337
  3. asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler: I have an asp.net core application which inserts data into sql server. It runs fine in command line but when I put it in a batch file and create a task to run that batch file every 5 minutes in task scheduler, it is not working properly. It shows task as running but fresh...
  4. asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    asp.net core application not running properly in task scheduler: I have an asp.net core application which inserts data into sql server. It runs fine in command line but when I put it in a batch file and create a task to run that batch file every 5 minutes in task scheduler, it is not working properly. It shows task as running but fresh...
  5. Scheduled task to delete files in network drive's trashbox by size or delete date?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled task to delete files in network drive's trashbox by size or delete date?: Background: I have a Buffalo network drive that is used as a file server for two Win 10 Home PCs as well as for automated backups of my PC by Macrium Reflect. I only recently discovered that it has something similar to Windows' recycle bin called "trashbox", but run by the...
  6. Create task in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  7. GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed

GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed: Hello, I should make GPO to change one wallpaper at 07:00 AM and change other wallpaper at 03:00 PM. I have made two bat files. I want to execute them with schedules tasks via GPO. My DC is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, The client PC is Windows 10. My bat file content...
  8. Create an advanced Scheduled Task from the Command Line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Create an advanced Scheduled Task from the Command Line: Hello. I'm trying to create a scheduled task to run a batch file on Windows 10 using either the command prompt or Powershell. When I create the task with the Task Scheduler GUI, it works perfectly. However, when I try to re-create that same task with the command line, there...
  9. My windows defender folder in task scheduler has nothing and i cant active the antivirus

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My windows defender folder in task scheduler has nothing and i cant active the antivirus: [ATTACH][ATTACH]My windows defender folder in task scheduler is nothing and i cant active my anitivirus plesea help me :( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-defender-folder-in-task-scheduler-has/cd35aac1-dc08-41d8-9aa5-66ae5775967d
  10. do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?

do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?: Hello, would like to confirm if we still need to update passwords in task scheduler in case we change the password of a user account / service account? I tried it on a scheduled job running in a domain account and changed the password of the AD account. Still, the job ran...