Windows 10: Task Scheduler

Discus and support Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fuzbuster83, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Task Scheduler

I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my main PC and it reminded me to check these tasks. I went over to the other PC and they show the last run result of (0x10). I recall this issue somewhat from before and decided I wanted to just kill these for tasks, but it seems I'm powerless. I'm the only user of the computer, and my account is the admin obviously. I cannot disable, edit, delete, etc any of these tasks.

I checked the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks and my user has full control.

I downloaded PSTools, ran CMD as admin, navigated to the correct directory and opened Task Scheduler that way and get the same result.

I created another admin account, logged in as that user and get the same result.

No matter what task I choose or which account I'm under I'm met with "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task." or "The user account does not have permission to delete this task."

Any ideas?

Running Win10 Pro v1809

- - - Updated - - -

I'm currently updating to v1909 in hopes that may help.

:)

fuzbuster83, Nov 20, 2019

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Task Scheduler

Cannot schedule a task with Task Scheduler - error 2147942403

Hi,

I suggest you to check the below settings and check fi it helps.

• In task scheduler, click on the scheduled job properties > then settings.
    • In the last listed option: "If the task is already running, the following rule applies:"
    • Select "Stop the existing instance" from the drop down list.
    • Save and Exit. Then check whether the task is running or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Task Scheduler

1. Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler

2. How to use Task Scheduler in Windows 10: Full Guide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use Task Scheduler in Windows 10: Full Guide: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Protiguous [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7029v/how_to_use_task_scheduler_in_windows_10_full_guide/
  3. Scheduled "At Startup" task that worked in Windows 7 no longer works after upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scheduled "At Startup" task that worked in Windows 7 no longer works after upgrade to...: On Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18362 Build 18362 The scheduled task ran fine "At startup" in Windows 7 Pro as the Admin user, but stopped working after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I normally shutdown and power off the computer at night. If the computer is powered off and then...
  4. Scheduled tasks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled tasks: I have a .bat file to back up files to a mapped network drive, using robocopy seen below. Works perfectly. It also works using this network address: \\PC-BACKUP\PC-Backup instead of mapped drive. echo off setlocal echo %DATE%_%TIME% robocopy F:\ Y:\ /NDL /MIR /XD /NP...
  5. How do I stop all scheduled tasks in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop all scheduled tasks in Windows 10?: How do I stop all scheduled tasks (so I can do a LapLink PC to PC transfer without task interruptions?) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-all-scheduled-tasks-in-windows-10/8d0e299b-6d73-43d0-9d0d-a600f74a4209
  6. Have you used Task Scheduler to copy files from one drive to another?

in Windows 10 Support
    Have you used Task Scheduler to copy files from one drive to another?: New Win10 v.1903 user with a new computer with two internal drives, C and D. Before experimenting with this myself, has anyone had success using task scheduler to copy a file from one internal drive to another, separate internal drive? QuickBooks doesn't appear to play nice...
  7. Windows Task Scheduler

Windows Task Scheduler: I'm trying to set up a task on the task scheduler to run one or two other applications when one application is started. I want to be able to open one app and have the rest auto run instead of manually opening each one. I tried to set up the task to run at an event (startup of...
  8. Windows 10 Task Scheduler : creating a watched folder

Windows 10 Task Scheduler : creating a watched folder: I'm looking to create a watched folder which runs a task based on the file that appears. For example, a .MKV file to trigger video conversion, a text file which would cause an excel file to open, etc. I'm guessing it needs to be triggered when a specific event is logged but...
  9. Windows 10 Task Scheduler is Broken

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Task Scheduler is Broken: Since running the last Windows Updates the Task Scheduler is no longer able to save changes to any existing or new Tasks. When I make any change to the existing tasks it asks for the User ID and Password to save changes but no matter what I put in or what user account I...
  10. windows 10 1903 - telemetry 2.0 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 1903 - telemetry 2.0 Task Scheduler: hi after an inplace upgrade from windows 10 1809 to 1903 on the shedular task i find "Intel Telemetry 2 (x86)". I cant find the related program installer to uninstall *Sad What the hell is this and i can remove the task? thanks [ATTACH] 143293