Windows 10: Task Scheduler

Discus and support Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At one time I was showed how to set an alarm using Task scheduler. It worked great when I was using Windows 7. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shiron, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Shiron Win User

Task Scheduler

At one time I was showed how to set an alarm using Task scheduler. It worked great when I was using Windows 7. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, it doesn't work anymore.
    I put in the scheduler the same words but when it is time to go, a pop up comes and asks
    "what program do you want to use to open this?" I am using a mp4 file and I have it associated with my VLC player. It opens up great from within the folder however doesn't work using the Task scheduler. Please help as this was of great benefit to me.
    Thank you.
    Ron

:)

Shiron, Sep 9, 2015

2. Windows wakes up in the middle of the night

Okay. Open Task Scheduler by Start>Windows Administrative tools>Task Scheduler.

Go to Task Scheduler Library>Windows>UpdateOrchestrator and disable the scheduled Task.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 9, 2015
  3. 145 I. Q. Win User
    task scheduler

I can schedule task MANUALLY until h*** freezes over and the task will not run.

READ the sentence. I can schedule task MANUALLY then the amount of time I can schedule a task. Then the outcome of scheduling tasks

145 I. Q., Sep 9, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Task Scheduler

NavyLCDR, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

Task Scheduler

1. Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler

2. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  3. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  4. Subject: Some task schedule not run as scheduled, but the status was "Ready"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Some task schedule not run as scheduled, but the status was "Ready": We have several task schedules. After deploying patch kb5034768, we found that one of the task schedule did not run as scheduled. The status was "Ready" and next run time was already passed. For example; Next Run time is 10:30pm 28 Feb 2024, we checked on 11:00am 29 Feb 2024,...
  5. Subject: Some task schedule not run as scheduled, but the status was "Ready"

Subject: Some task schedule not run as scheduled, but the status was "Ready": We have several task schedules. After deploying patch kb5034768, we found that one of the task schedule did not run as scheduled. The status was "Ready" and next run time was already passed. For example; Next Run time is 10:30pm 28 Feb 2024, we checked on 11:00am 29 Feb 2024,...
  6. Subject: Some task schedule not run as scheduled, but the status was "Ready"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Task schedule don't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task schedule don't run: DetailTask schedule, Job task does not run on time. No error log and statusWhat is the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-schedule-dont-run/d5a40ef8-9d06-4255-b941-0e49e691935d
  8. Task schedule don't run

Task schedule don't run: DetailTask schedule, Job task does not run on time. No error log and statusWhat is the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-schedule-dont-run/d5a40ef8-9d06-4255-b941-0e49e691935d
  9. Task schedule don't run

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How do I notify user about some specific software update by using window task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I notify user about some specific software update by using window task scheduler?: I have requirement as below.1. Create task scheduler get notify over Teams or Email to the user for any upgrade/update to the specific software....