Windows 10: Task Scheduler

Discus and support Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At one time I was showed how to set an alarm using Task scheduler. It worked great when I was using Windows 7. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shiron, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Shiron Win User

Task Scheduler

At one time I was showed how to set an alarm using Task scheduler. It worked great when I was using Windows 7. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, it doesn't work anymore.
    I put in the scheduler the same words but when it is time to go, a pop up comes and asks
    "what program do you want to use to open this?" I am using a mp4 file and I have it associated with my VLC player. It opens up great from within the folder however doesn't work using the Task scheduler. Please help as this was of great benefit to me.
    Thank you.
    Ron

:)

Shiron, Sep 9, 2015

2. Windows wakes up in the middle of the night

Okay. Open Task Scheduler by Start>Windows Administrative tools>Task Scheduler.

Go to Task Scheduler Library>Windows>UpdateOrchestrator and disable the scheduled Task.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 9, 2015
  3. 145 I. Q. Win User
    task scheduler

I can schedule task MANUALLY until h*** freezes over and the task will not run.

READ the sentence. I can schedule task MANUALLY then the amount of time I can schedule a task. Then the outcome of scheduling tasks

145 I. Q., Sep 9, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Task Scheduler

NavyLCDR, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

Task Scheduler

1. Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler

2. Create task in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  3. GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed

GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed: Hello, I should make GPO to change one wallpaper at 07:00 AM and change other wallpaper at 03:00 PM. I have made two bat files. I want to execute them with schedules tasks via GPO. My DC is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, The client PC is Windows 10. My bat file content...
  4. Create an advanced Scheduled Task from the Command Line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Create an advanced Scheduled Task from the Command Line: Hello. I'm trying to create a scheduled task to run a batch file on Windows 10 using either the command prompt or Powershell. When I create the task with the Task Scheduler GUI, it works perfectly. However, when I try to re-create that same task with the command line, there...
  5. My windows defender folder in task scheduler has nothing and i cant active the antivirus

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My windows defender folder in task scheduler has nothing and i cant active the antivirus: [ATTACH][ATTACH]My windows defender folder in task scheduler is nothing and i cant active my anitivirus plesea help me :( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-defender-folder-in-task-scheduler-has/cd35aac1-dc08-41d8-9aa5-66ae5775967d
  6. do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?

do we still need to update password for task scheduler in windows?: Hello, would like to confirm if we still need to update passwords in task scheduler in case we change the password of a user account / service account? I tried it on a scheduled job running in a domain account and changed the password of the AD account. Still, the job ran...
  7. Batch files appear to start but don't fully execute on Windows 10 Task Scheduler

Batch files appear to start but don't fully execute on Windows 10 Task Scheduler: I recently set up a new system with Windows 10 Pro and copied the C:\Batch folder to the new system These systems are essentially identical in their hardware configuration except for the motherboard, memory & video card. ( Borh are ASUS Motherboards and Video cards with i7...
  8. Windows Background.wav being run by Task Scheduler

Windows Background.wav being run by Task Scheduler: I reinstalled my PC with newest Windows 10 Build 1903 Now I have a problem for some reason my PC keeps running Windows Background.wav I traced it down to the Exclamation and System Notification being the one triggered. I did this by stripping away all sounds but the ones...
  9. task scheduler eror

task scheduler eror: Hi All, i have lust done a clean install of 1903every time i try to save changes in task scheduler i get this error [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-eror/9bed4c4f-7114-46cd-9bb4-f5642d61330f
  10. Task Scheduler depreciated features

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler depreciated features: I just discovered that I can no longer set Task Scheduler to display a message. Is there any way to add this feature back in to Windows 10? I've always depended on to remind me when to pay bills, birthdays, reordering, etc. Thank you! 135474