Windows 10: Task Scheduler

Discus and support Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At one time I was showed how to set an alarm using Task scheduler. It worked great when I was using Windows 7. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shiron, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Shiron Win User

Task Scheduler

At one time I was showed how to set an alarm using Task scheduler. It worked great when I was using Windows 7. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, it doesn't work anymore.
    I put in the scheduler the same words but when it is time to go, a pop up comes and asks
    "what program do you want to use to open this?" I am using a mp4 file and I have it associated with my VLC player. It opens up great from within the folder however doesn't work using the Task scheduler. Please help as this was of great benefit to me.
    Thank you.
    Ron

:)

Shiron, Sep 9, 2015

2. Windows wakes up in the middle of the night

Okay. Open Task Scheduler by Start>Windows Administrative tools>Task Scheduler.

Go to Task Scheduler Library>Windows>UpdateOrchestrator and disable the scheduled Task.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 9, 2015
  3. 145 I. Q. Win User
    task scheduler

I can schedule task MANUALLY until h*** freezes over and the task will not run.

READ the sentence. I can schedule task MANUALLY then the amount of time I can schedule a task. Then the outcome of scheduling tasks

145 I. Q., Sep 9, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Task Scheduler

NavyLCDR, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

Task Scheduler

1. Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler

2. Task scheduler on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler on win 10: i am using task scheduler on win 10. I have it set up to execute a program once a day, and that part is working perfectly. I would like to set it up where it executes this program and then presses F11 in that program, then wait 5 min and press F2, wait 5 min and then...
  3. Delay a Scheduled Task for 10 seconds?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delay a Scheduled Task for 10 seconds?: the lowest the Task Scheduler options allow to go is 30 seconds. Any way to get it down to 10? 131226
  4. Task scheduler runs beyond expiration time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler runs beyond expiration time: Hello, experts, I have a task scheduled in Windows 2016 server (and got the same problem in Windows 10 home edition). I had it starting at 1:44, and set the expiration to today (4/12/2019) at 1:46. [ATTACH] The action is just to run a .bat file that echoes the date...
  5. scheduled task restart & logon

in Windows 10 Support
    scheduled task restart & logon: It is often the case that when I come to work in the morning and wake-up my desktop, automated programs get triggered and really slow down my computer and I can’t really do efficient work for a while, sometimes an hour or so. These include full disc scans mandated by the...
  6. Unable to disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser in Task Scheduler: Hi, I disabled Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser in Task Scheduler but the task keeps being re-enabled. I then looked at the trigger section and that was not disabled. So I looked at the One time trigger properties. I then clicked on the Triggers tab. Then I clicked on...
  7. broken ubpm.dll file causing issues with Task Scheduler Service

broken ubpm.dll file causing issues with Task Scheduler Service: Hello, this is my first post here, i just wanted to upload a broken .dll file for someone to check what was wrong with it that it caused issued with Task Scheduler Service Link to mediafire i found this file by finally opening Event Viewer and seeing all the errors...
  8. Task Scheduler Not Running

Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  9. How to schedule repeating task in Microsoft To-Do app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to schedule repeating task in Microsoft To-Do app?: Hello I recently downloaded Microsfot To-Do app on my laptop and iPhone and I have two concerns 1- scheduling a task on a certain day and setting this task to be repeated everyday not showing this task on my day list in the next day 2- the app synchronized the tasks with...
  10. Task Scheduler and forgotten passowrd.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler and forgotten passowrd.: Hi I'm trying to disable a current task and it keeps asking for the password, I have entered my password numerous times but its not recognising the password. We changed over to windows 10 a while ago and I have noticed all tasks created before this change are not letting...