Windows 10: Task search bar news headlines

Discus and support Task search bar news headlines in Cortana to solve the problem; Can someone please, for the love of all that is sacred, tell me how to get rid of the news headlines in the windows 10 task search bar such as that in... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CaitlinMcGee, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Task search bar news headlines

Can someone please, for the love of all that is sacred, tell me how to get rid of the news headlines in the windows 10 task search bar such as that in the picture included? If I have to listen to my dad scream about it and how he can't get rid of it anymore I'm going to lose my mind. He's got a desktop and says it showed up after a big features update that went through recently. Task search bar news headlines 5f456cc4-bf5a-429a-a954-0cce0c88a4bc?upload=true.jpg

:)

CaitlinMcGee, Feb 3, 2021

2. Search Bar not displaying news feed...

Back when I still used Windows 10 I used to just ask Cortana for News or Weather updates and she'd provide them. I didn't have a "search bar" as such. Have they changed that?

I had better explain that a little better. I would either say "Hey Cortana, Headlines" or hit the Windows + C buttons and say "Headlines" and she would list them as well as read off the first one.

For Weather I'd either say "Current Weather" or "Three Day Forecast" and she did that.

CassieMorrisonMN, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Task search bar news headlines

search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Task search bar news headlines

1. Task search bar news headlines - Similar Threads - Task search bar

2. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  3. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  4. The weather and news icon on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The weather and news icon on the task bar: The weather and news icon on the task bar is having trouble getting through my firewall. I need to know it's name in order to give it access. What name does it have?...
  5. The weather and news icon on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The weather and news icon on the task bar: The weather and news icon on the task bar is having trouble getting through my firewall. I need to know it's name in order to give it access. What name does it have?...
  6. MSNMC News Feed on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSNMC News Feed on task bar: How do I turn offthe MSNBC news feed on my task bar? I have searched settings and I can find nothing about it. Win 10 Home. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msnmc-news-feed-on-task-bar/d7fd425d-7df2-41ee-9194-fe9ac8f8e3dd
  7. News and Interests not showing on task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    News and Interests not showing on task bar: I have 3 Windows 10 PCs with the latest updates, only one of them got the News and Interests on the taskbar, they seem to be a the exact same version levels.What would cause this?...
  8. Search bar news

in Cortana
    Search bar news: When I click the bar "Type here to search" on the left side populates with news headlines. How do I shut these off or change where they come from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-news/74a70601-b308-4b46-b4ef-14c94701ee11
  9. Remove "Top News" Headlines from Taskbar Search

in Cortana
    Remove "Top News" Headlines from Taskbar Search: Is there a way to remove the headlines from the search bar? This kind of stuff drives me nuts. Very obtrusive. Thanks! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-top-news-headlines-from-taskbar-search/68ba66a0-d729-4137-946f-19311eef831a
  10. Restoring search bar in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...