Windows 10: task switcher on all monitors?

Discus and support task switcher on all monitors? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 3 monitors and the fact that the task switcher (the window selector that appears when I press alt+tab) appears only on one of them is a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xerces8, Jan 9, 2020.

1. task switcher on all monitors?

I have 3 monitors and the fact that the task switcher (the window selector that appears when I press alt+tab) appears only on one of them is a bit annoying.

Is there a way to make it always show on all monitors?

submitted by /u/xerces8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xerces8, Jan 9, 2020

2. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Good morning!

I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is essentially frozen at this point and I have to restart.

A few things to note:

• I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    • This happens randomly, sometimes weeks between an incident.
    • Sometimes it happens while I am not even working at the computer. I've noticed it after returning to my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

task switcher on all monitors? [​IMG]

Konkey Dong, Jan 9, 2020
  3. GinaXYZ Win User
    Problems with Task Switcher

I use Remote Desktop for some programs as I am working at a remote site. I have always used Task Switcher to flick between this and open windows on my local drive - e.g. if i am entering a list of invoices onto the accounts program from an excel spreadsheet,
    I will flick between excel and Remote Desktop.

This has worked fine up to now, but I have recently changed to a new laptop and now when I use Task Switcher to flick to Remote Desktop, my next key stroke doesn't register?! E.G if I typed 123, it would only be recorded as 23.

The implications could be quite disastrous - as an extreme example if I entered a figure on an invoice of £3 million, it would only be recorded as £300K !! Obviously I can edit it, but when running through a long list quickly it would be easy to miss.

***Post moved to the appropriate forum category***

GinaXYZ, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Anne Fuj Win User

task switcher on all monitors?

Dual Monitor (HDMI) Through HDMI Switcher

Hello Kevin,

We appreciate the details that you have provided. For us to further isolate the issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you tried updating the drivers for your HDMI switcher?
    • Can you provide us the Make and Model of your HDMI switcher?

Looking forward to your reply.

Anne Fuj, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

task switcher on all monitors?

1. task switcher on all monitors? - Similar Threads - task switcher monitors

2. Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher: I would like to use my 4x1 HDMI switch with my laptop and my Nintendo Switch into an external monitor. With my wiring as it currently stands, My laptop screen is extended to the external monitor while my Nintendo Switch is not in use. When I use the HDMI switch to play on my...
  3. Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher: I would like to use my 4x1 HDMI switch with my laptop and my Nintendo Switch into an external monitor. With my wiring as it currently stands, My laptop screen is extended to the external monitor while my Nintendo Switch is not in use. When I use the HDMI switch to play on my...
  4. How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted

How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted: This question has been asked before but the 'solution' was not helpful unfortunately so I've suggested a temporary fix below. Windows 11 changed the outline in the Task Switcher ALT-TAB to a slim black outline around the selected tile, which is very hard to see against dark...
  5. Show Programs in System Tray in Task Switcher

Show Programs in System Tray in Task Switcher: I am using Task Switcher with the Alt-Tab shortcut to switch between running programs. I have the program AIMP running and it is minimized to the system tray. I would like to be able to use the Alt-Tab shortcut to quickly re-open AIMP, but it appears that Task Switcher does...
  6. Stop things in task switcher moving around

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop things in task switcher moving around: Hello, I've tried to search around for an answer to this, but not knowing how to describe the icon/preview things in the alt-tab task switcher, am at a bit of a loss. Like on Mac OSX, Windows 10 likes to shuffle everything around in the task switcher, just to slow you down a...
  7. How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?: In Windows 8 and previous, we could execute the Task Switcher shortcut to programmatically bring up the Alt-Tab window without needing to press Alt-Tab. NOTE: This shortcut is located in: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and is still...
  8. Leaked Windows 10 for phones screenshots reveal new task switcher

in Windows 10 News
    Leaked Windows 10 for phones screenshots reveal new task switcher: [img] New screenshots of an unreleased Windows 10 for Phones build have leaked online, showing off a new task switcher and other notable improvements. The images, shared by WindowsMania.pl, show not only the new task switcher, which appears to display active apps in...
  9. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows: Good morning! I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is...
  10. Is Windows Switcher Deprecated

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows Switcher Deprecated: Is it true I shall no longer see this 'switch box' in Windows 10? [img] 11111