Windows 10: Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Discus and support Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning! I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Konkey Dong, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Good morning!

I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is essentially frozen at this point and I have to restart.

A few things to note:

• I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    • This happens randomly, sometimes weeks between an incident.
    • Sometimes it happens while I am not even working at the computer. I've noticed it after returning to my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows [​IMG]

:)

Konkey Dong, Oct 11, 2017

2. Windows Spotlight Not Working

What are you talking about? This is definitely solvable -- we have literally tens of hundreds of Windows 10 machines and they are all cycling spotlight pictures randomly and daily.

When did yours get stuck?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 11, 2017
  3. Help me get the most of my N900

hmm. if tapping the phone gives you access to the maps menu, is there the task switcher icon in the top left?

if there is, just tap it once to access task switcher. then you can either tap the task switcher icon again to get to the menu and open the app from there, or tap an empty spot to get to the desktop to open your app.

Sever---01, Oct 11, 2017
Thema:

Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

1. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows - Similar Threads - Task Switcher randomly

2. Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle: After installing a windows 10 update, it froze at 100% and I decided that it wasn't ever going to unfreeze so I turned it off. After that it tried to undo the changes from the update but whenever it gets past the post screen, it flashes "Undoing changes made to your PC" and...
  3. Show Programs in System Tray in Task Switcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show Programs in System Tray in Task Switcher: I am using Task Switcher with the Alt-Tab shortcut to switch between running programs. I have the program AIMP running and it is minimized to the system tray. I would like to be able to use the Alt-Tab shortcut to quickly re-open AIMP, but it appears that Task Switcher does...
  4. Get stuck in task view with gestures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get stuck in task view with gestures: When I use gestures (4 finger swipe up) to get to task view and see all applications, I cannot get out of it. Swipe down, clicking on a window, nothing will get me out of that view which renders my computer frozen for about 1 minute until the view closes on its own. My...
  5. Stuck in Task View

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Task View: So i'm running windows 10 and it should be noted that i sue a razer synapse where one button is to go to task view. However it had been working fine for 2 months. Very recently my pc would be working fine for a long time, i'll be using task view no problem. Then i'd go to...
  6. Stop things in task switcher moving around

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop things in task switcher moving around: Hello, I've tried to search around for an answer to this, but not knowing how to describe the icon/preview things in the alt-tab task switcher, am at a bit of a loss. Like on Mac OSX, Windows 10 likes to shuffle everything around in the task switcher, just to slow you down a...
  7. How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?: In Windows 8 and previous, we could execute the Task Switcher shortcut to programmatically bring up the Alt-Tab window without needing to press Alt-Tab. NOTE: This shortcut is located in: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and is still...
  8. Leaked Windows 10 for phones screenshots reveal new task switcher

in Windows 10 News
    Leaked Windows 10 for phones screenshots reveal new task switcher: [img] New screenshots of an unreleased Windows 10 for Phones build have leaked online, showing off a new task switcher and other notable improvements. The images, shared by WindowsMania.pl, show not only the new task switcher, which appears to display active apps in...
  9. Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle: Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the command "bcdedit /set{current} safeboot minimal". I rebooted the machine and sure enough it booted into safe mode. It was...
  10. Is Windows Switcher Deprecated

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows Switcher Deprecated: Is it true I shall no longer see this 'switch box' in Windows 10? [img] 11111