Windows 10: Task switching is not working for my mouse+ touchpad

Discus and support Task switching is not working for my mouse+ touchpad in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've got a Lenovo laptop years ago, and recently, I am facing a quite serious problem. *Sometimes*, when I want to switch maybe from Google to any apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tang Pierrrrrrrrrre, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Task switching is not working for my mouse+ touchpad

I've got a Lenovo laptop years ago, and recently, I am facing a quite serious problem. *Sometimes*, when I want to switch maybe from Google to any apps in my taskbar and on my desktop, or even a different UI, I found my left click would suddenly just stopped working and it would just work with the app I am visiting. For example, if I want to switch from Google to Discord in my taskbar or my desktop, I could not click the Discord icon to even open Discord but I can still interact with Google. And of course, if I want to switch from Discord to Google, same thing happened. Not only with discord

:)

Tang Pierrrrrrrrrre, Aug 9, 2022
  2. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Aug 9, 2022
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 9, 2022
  4. HM8
    hm8 Win User

Task switching is not working for my mouse+ touchpad

Touchpad mouse has stopped working

Doesn't the fact that the mouse driver does not show up in Device Manager suggest that this is something beyond an inadvertent enable/disable switch?

Like, in the past I could go into the mouse settings and enable/disable the touchpad that way. But now I cannot even get to those mouse settings - Windows is not detecting any touchpad at all.

Thema:

Task switching is not working for my mouse+ touchpad

1. Task switching is not working for my mouse+ touchpad - Similar Threads - Task switching working

2. touchpad mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad mouse not working: Touchpad mouse is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse-not-working/fcd472d5-5d18-4aef-ac08-dd1601664b6c
  3. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  4. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  5. Task switching is not working for my mouse+ touchpad

Task switching is not working for my mouse+ touchpad: I've got a Lenovo laptop years ago, and recently, I am facing a quite serious problem. *Sometimes*, when I want to switch maybe from Google to any apps in my taskbar and on my desktop, or even a different UI, I found my left click would suddenly just stopped working and it...
  6. Task switching is not working for my mouse+ touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task switching is not working for my mouse+ touchpad: I've got a Lenovo laptop years ago, and recently, I am facing a quite serious problem. *Sometimes*, when I want to switch maybe from Google to any apps in my taskbar and on my desktop, or even a different UI, I found my left click would suddenly just stopped working and it...
  7. Touchpad/Mouse not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad/Mouse not working: I have an ASUS Vivobook S15, just over a year old. Just a week ago, my touchpad and wireless mouse started not registering my left or right clicks sporadically - I’d be working on my laptop and both touchpad and mouse would suddenly stop responding to my left or right clicks,...
  8. Mouse/Touchpad Not Working

Mouse/Touchpad Not Working: I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 laptop. My mouse/touchpad stopped working. I tried restarting windows, but I don't think that did anything productive. Please help....
  9. touchpad and mouse not working

touchpad and mouse not working: just bought the windows tablet 2 in 1 and mouse,touchpad isn't working did all the updates still wont work, looked up solution and reset the tablet and still not working anyone have a solution for this issue...
  10. Mouse and touchpad not working

Mouse and touchpad not working: So earlier today i noticed that my mouse wasnt working and i thought it was a battery issue(using a wireless) but when i tried my touchpad its nit working too. I tried searching in google how to fix it but none of it worked, from updating the driver,system restore and the...