Windows 10: Task View activity history - add rules to exempt specific pages

Discus and support Task View activity history - add rules to exempt specific pages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am very interested in actively using the task view option in Windows to quickly scroll through activity inside Edge. However, it includes every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Castor Cascom, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Task View activity history - add rules to exempt specific pages

I am very interested in actively using the task view option in Windows to quickly scroll through activity inside Edge. However, it includes every single site I visit, e.g. LinkedIn/feed, then LinkedIn/messages etc.

This makes the feature lose oversight and become useless. Is there a way to group websites together e.g. LinkedIn/xyz, or set rules to not include specific sites and URLs?

:)

Castor Cascom, Jun 1, 2020

2. Task view not showing most of my activities.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while checking the task view for activities on your PC.

Ideally, if you have logged in with your Microsoft account you will be able to see the activity history of 30 days. If you have logged in with your Microsoft account and you are still not able to see the activity list, you can check if the activity
    history is enable to save on the device.

1. Go to Settings > Privacy >
      Activity History.
    2. On the right hand side check the box next to
      Store my activity history on this device

You can also check all the activities performed on a particular day, to do so follow the steps.

1. Click on the Timeline icon on the taskbar.
    2. Scroll down to the day for which you want to check the activity.
    3. Now click on show all activities next to the
      day/date.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Task bar & task view

Hi Mad,

Is it your intention of turn off Task View and Activity History completely? If so, here are the steps:

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/turn-off-task-view...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Phoenix L Win User

Task View activity history - add rules to exempt specific pages

Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating

I have a client who is finding their Task View is not populating with recent document history/activity.

The client runs a volume licensed copy of Office 2019. Activity history has been working fine until recently.

Some apps such as Paint will still correctly populate the Activities section.

Repairs that have already been tried:

• Toggling "Let Windows collect my activities from this PC" & "Let Windows
      sync my activities from this PC to the cloud" along with all similar options found throughout the Settings, including the "Shared Experiences" section.
    • Re-authenticating the live Microsoft account to "Fix" the account (as phrased by Windows Settings)
    • Amending the registry, creating three keys EnableActivityFeed, PublishUserActivities, and UploadUserActivities as recommended elsewhere.
    • Amending group policies such as "Allow publishing of User Activities", "Enables Activity Feed" and more.
    • Stopping the relevant service, deleting any "ActivitiesCache.db"-related files in AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform\ and restarting.

Despite these efforts, the client can work all day on various Office documents without a single population of the activities section of Task View.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Phoenix L, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Task View activity history - add rules to exempt specific pages

1. Task View activity history - add rules to exempt specific pages - Similar Threads - Task View activity

2. Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history: The task view button used to show active tasks and a nice list by day of activity history. Now it only shows current active tasks and history for Jan 10-11.In settings/privacy, It is checked to collect activity history for my account.thank you...
  3. Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history: The task view button used to show active tasks and a nice list by day of activity history. Now it only shows current active tasks and history for Jan 10-11.In settings/privacy, It is checked to collect activity history for my account.thank you...
  4. Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. View or Store Activity History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View or Store Activity History: As I am reading and also deleting multiple trash emails in my Outlook mail, the following message appears on my screen:"You can only view or store activity history from this device. Synching activities across other devices is no longer available." WHY NOT ? I didn't change...
  6. View or Store Activity History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View or Store Activity History: As I am reading and also deleting multiple trash emails in my Outlook mail, the following message appears on my screen:"You can only view or store activity history from this device. Synching activities across other devices is no longer available." WHY NOT ? I didn't change...
  7. View or Store Activity History

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. TASK VIEW History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK VIEW History: My history is not showing in TASK VIEW so unable to retrieve previous windows. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-history/891f4cfc-da2e-4b69-b9c2-70c1083a4a31
  9. Task View History Window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task View History Window: Why does the taskbar history leave some of the history that can’t be removed or cleared? I have 8 that I can’t remove or clear. Seema like it keeps adding some that can’t be removed....
  10. Add to exemption list/whitelist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Add to exemption list/whitelist: I am getting sick of false positives, is there a context menu click command to add so you can have avast or kaspersky add an exe to the exemption list? Same for adding a file to firewall.... 70133