Windows 10: Task View black on 2nd monitor

Discus and support Task View black on 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a dual monitor set up. When I use Task View, it looks fine on my main monitor but on my 2nd monitor it's black and the program windows are black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by b4dm4n_27, Dec 2, 2020.

1. b4dm4n_27 Win User

Task View black on 2nd monitor

I have a dual monitor set up. When I use Task View, it looks fine on my main monitor but on my 2nd monitor it's black and the program windows are black too. I can still see the name and the outlines of the windows on the 2nd monitor on Task View but they're all black. I've tried googling this issue but I can't seem to find a solution. Has anyone else encountered this?

:)

b4dm4n_27, Dec 2, 2020
  2. AJSKappa Win User

2nd Monitor.

I recently bought a 2nd monitor and I connected it to my PC but there is a problem. The problem is that windows 10 has detected it and I have extended my display but my 2nd monitor wont display anything it just stays black. Can someone help me please.

AJSKappa, Dec 2, 2020
  3. BrennanSB Win User
    Black Screen on Task View

Hey! So I was curious, and wanted to figure out how many virtual desktops my system can handle. So, I turned on the auto clicker, and watched. I ended up getting 713 virtual desktops. Then, I closed task view, and remembered, I need to close all those desktops.
    When I clicked the task view button, half of the screen is covered in black and the other half is my wallpaper.

This is really annoying, as it slows my computer noticeably. Any suggestions on how to delete 712 desktops without using task view?

Task View black on 2nd monitor acb0a5d2-a677-4bf5-8e5c-4f01de1ae7ff.png

BrennanSB, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Task View black on 2nd monitor

When I use an app in the 2nd monitor the resolution is fine. Just the desktop and the task bar resolution is too big on 2nd monitor.

Original Title: Desktop resolution - multiple monitors

When I use an app in the 2nd monitor the resolution is fine. Just the desktop and the task bar resolution is too big on 2nd monitor. Using Lenovo yoga 3 and 3.0 pro dock.

How do I adjust the desktop on 2nd monitor (extended)

BIGCHiefxx, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Task View black on 2nd monitor

1. Task View black on 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - Task View black

2. Monitor breifly going black while 2nd monitor running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor breifly going black while 2nd monitor running?: I have 2 monitors running in my setup, one on HDMI 2.1 and the other on displayport 1.4. the HDMI one is recognized by windows as the 2nd monitor, but I've set it to be the main monitor I use.The problem comes, whenever I have something like a video playing or something else...
  3. Monitor breifly going black while 2nd monitor running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor breifly going black while 2nd monitor running?: I have 2 monitors running in my setup, one on HDMI 2.1 and the other on displayport 1.4. the HDMI one is recognized by windows as the 2nd monitor, but I've set it to be the main monitor I use.The problem comes, whenever I have something like a video playing or something else...
  4. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  5. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  6. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 2nd monitor

2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  8. 2nd CPU not showing on Task Manager / Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd CPU not showing on Task Manager / Resource Monitor: Hello.I'm new to this site and I hope I can get some help. I was running CyberLink PowerDirector 16 64-bit and noticed to much lag on a 4K video during playback.I checked the Task Manager TM and I noticed that the CPU was running +95%. When looking at the detail I noticed...
  9. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  10. Task View with Dual Monitors issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View with Dual Monitors issue: I have a dual monitor setup: - Main screen, where I work using different applications in different virtual desktops. - Secondary screen, where another application constantly running in the foreground (e.g.: showing a movie, youtube videos etc.), which I need to be...