Windows 10: Task view button not working properly

Discus and support Task view button not working properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 and has the latest update. Task view button shows only open windows, and not history. It used to show file history datewise and you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suresh1958, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Task view button not working properly

I use Windows 10 and has the latest update. Task view button shows only open windows, and not history. It used to show file history datewise and you can pick up from where you had ended.

Pls give a solution

Regards

Suresh

:)

Suresh1958, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jan 21, 2019
  4. pureby Win User

Task view button not working properly

Alternative way to launch Task View ?

Hello everyone!

I'd love to map Windows 10's Task View to one of my mouse's buttons, but SetPoint* (the software for my Logitech mouse) does not support WinKey-based keyboard shortcuts, so mapping WinKey+Tab is impossible.

I was wondering if there is any alternative way to launch Task View, for instance:

• a cmd command to launch Task View?
    • an executable for Task View somewhere inside the system32 folder or something, which I can create a manual shortcut to
    • maybe an alternative keyboard shortcut not involving WinKey?
    Big thanks in advance, all the ideas are appreciated!

* I use SetPoint 6.32 for compatibility reasons, upgrading SetPoint to a new version (which supports Task View out of the box) is not an option because my mouse stops working properly.

pureby, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Task view button not working properly

1. Task view button not working properly - Similar Threads - Task view button

2. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  3. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  4. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task View Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View Not Working: Windows timeline just states "use your pc more to see your activities here". I am not sure how to solve this and a solution will be much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-not-working/9e7f54cd-63da-4236-abea-a86ae6f9c607
  6. My Task View Button Is not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Task View Button Is not working.: The computer I am using was just had a clean slate reset only a few months ago. when I try to use the task view it won't open. I have tried using the shortcut windows+tab and it still won't open. Everything else works perfectly it's just Task view that won't work. I have...
  7. Task view not working properly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task view not working properly: Task view was working good before. But now it only records history of Microsoft news and store. I tried reinstalling windows, but did not work. Even there is no clear history button in privacy settings. #Please tell what to do???????...
  8. Task View button

Task View button: I have Windows 10 and two monitors. I may have 25 or more windows open when I am creating or researching documents. When I press the Task View button, I would typically want them together or in sequence by program, eg. all the MS Word docs at least next to each other, PDFs...
  9. why isn't task view working properly

why isn't task view working properly: I'm wondering why the task view is not working at all. The last day was April 10,2020. What happened to April 11,2020 to the present? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-task-view-working-properly/042ccda4-69b5-49e9-9c30-65f09996548b
  10. Task View button

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View button: I can't seem to find this anywhere. How would I move the Task View button? I would like it to be on the right side of my Quick Launch tool bar. Right now it is in-between quick launch and my start button on the task bar. I do have Classic Shell running 15135

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task view button not working

2. task view not working properly after update

3. task view button not working correctly

4. task view not working properly