Windows 10: Task View button

Discus and support Task View button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and two monitors. I may have 25 or more windows open when I am creating or researching documents. When I press the Task View... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnMarkarian, May 5, 2020.

1. Task View button

I have Windows 10 and two monitors. I may have 25 or more windows open when I am creating or researching documents. When I press the Task View button, I would typically want them together or in sequence by program, eg. all the MS Word docs at least next to each other, PDFs grouped, Excel, etc.

Instead there is one default that appears to try to list them by most recent, although there are inherent flaws in that: for example if I click on several of the older used windows to close them, the system reads that as "recently" used and moves them to the head of the line.

We need display options to make that button useful.... otherwise it's simply easier to hover over the individual icons on the taskbar. A program sort option, or last saved, or last opened, etc.... would be most helpful. I might actually use the damn thing.

Thanks... can you please pass this on as a suggestion?

John Markarian

Santa Rosa, CA

:)

JohnMarkarian, May 5, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 5, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 5, 2020
  4. Task View button

task view button missing

When I right click on the task bar there is no option for selecting the task view button. I can use the windows button combined with the tab but I'd like to have the task view button back on the task bar.

ThomasSheeran, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Task View button

1. Task View button - Similar Threads - Task View button

2. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  3. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  4. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Task View Button Is not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Task View Button Is not working.: The computer I am using was just had a clean slate reset only a few months ago. when I try to use the task view it won't open. I have tried using the shortcut windows+tab and it still won't open. Everything else works perfectly it's just Task view that won't work. I have...
  6. Close buttons (X) in Task View disappeared

Close buttons (X) in Task View disappeared: Hello, I’ve been using my new Surface Pro 6 for a couple of days now. Yesterday, I noticed that in Task View, the programs/apps running no longer have the option to close it with the X button on the right top of each. I have reset the machine twice already, but the Xs...
  7. Task view button not working properly

Task view button not working properly: I use Windows 10 and has the latest update. Task view button shows only open windows, and not history. It used to show file history datewise and you can pick up from where you had ended. Pls give a solution Regards Suresh...
  8. Revert Task View button to pre-update version

in Windows 10 Support
    Revert Task View button to pre-update version: In the most recent update, my task view button changed from displaying everything on one screen and having the desktops on the bottom to having a scroll bar and putting the desktops on the top. Is there any way to revert this or do I have to revert the update to reverse this?...
  9. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639
  10. Task View button

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View button: I can't seem to find this anywhere. How would I move the Task View button? I would like it to be on the right side of my Quick Launch tool bar. Right now it is in-between quick launch and my start button on the task bar. I do have Classic Shell running 15135