Windows 10: Task View Crashing

Discus and support Task View Crashing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I've been trying to make use of task view on my laptop but for some reason it keeps crashing. No matter if I use three fingers to swipe up on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Northmelon, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Task View Crashing

So I've been trying to make use of task view on my laptop but for some reason it keeps crashing. No matter if I use three fingers to swipe up on my trackpad, or try to access it via my task bar, the task view would open and then, in less than 2 seconds, it automatically closes before I can do anything with it. Can someone help me figure out how to solve this issue?

:)

Northmelon, Mar 26, 2019

2. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Task View Crashing

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Task View Crashing

1. Task View Crashing - Similar Threads - Task View Crashing

2. Windows task view and crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows task view and crashes: I'm encountering several issues with my Windows computer. Firstly, I've been experiencing frequent freezing and crashing of applications, which disrupts my work. Additionally, I've encountered error code 0xc000005 during some of these crashes. Another problem is that my Task...
  3. Windows task view and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows task view and crashes: I'm encountering several issues with my Windows computer. Firstly, I've been experiencing frequent freezing and crashing of applications, which disrupts my work. Additionally, I've encountered error code 0xc000005 during some of these crashes. Another problem is that my Task...
  4. Windows task view and crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: I have been experiencing crashes of explorer.exe whenever I use Task View. Searching online for answers brought me to several pages asking for a crash dump. Literally minutes after adding the reg key I experienced another crash. My crash dump is...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: I have been experiencing crashes of explorer.exe whenever I use Task View. Searching online for answers brought me to several pages asking for a crash dump. Literally minutes after adding the reg key I experienced another crash. My crash dump is...
  7. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: Every time I launch Task View, Windows Explorer crashes.Here is the entry in the Windows Application log:Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp: 0x2885d2b8Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp:...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: Every few times I run Task View, Windows Explorer crashes and restarts. This does cause some issues, ie. shortcuts disappear from the notification tray, tabs get moved, etc.Below is a link to the dmp file created. I'm not certain how to read this. Does this identify a...
  10. task view crashes

task view crashes: im having problems every time I open the task view. It crashes once I open it , I have restarted the explorer process but it doenst work. It is not a hardware problem , it is a software one. can someone help me please ....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task view crashing windows 10