Windows 10: Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon

Discus and support Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running 10 Pro - ver 1809 - Build 17763.475 1. How do I remove, delete, uninstall Task View? Not just the button, I don't want to use it at all, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alan613733, May 6, 2019.

1. Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon

Running 10 Pro - ver 1809 - Build 17763.475

1. How do I remove, delete, uninstall Task View? Not just the button, I don't want to use it at all, I don't want it on the computer.

2. Cursor freezes for a second or two every now and again. I'm not using a mouse, just the pad. How do I resolve that?

3. The Defender icon is missing from the taskbar. How do I get it back, there dosen't seem to be an option?

Thanks.

:)

alan613733, May 6, 2019

2. Lock Icon Sequence in a Toolbar

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to arrange desktop icons.

• Right Click on desktop screen.

• Place the cursor on View.

• In drop down menu, select auto align and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 6, 2019
  3. Mooly Win User
    Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

That sounds like a more deep seated issue, perhaps something you have installed is intermittently running and using all available resources.

It may be worth you opening Task Manager (Press Ctrl > Shift >Esc together) and see if anything unusual appears. This shows task manager, the spike was when I opened it, all is quiet afterwards. If you have lots of CPU or Disk activity then click the appropriate item and see what is using all the resources. You can also view the 'Processes' tab in Task Manager which will list what is using what.

Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon [​IMG]

Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon [​IMG]

Mooly, May 6, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon

Reduction of application icon in Task View

Hi Anton Borzenko,

As of the time of this writing, there's no method in the settings that will allow for a change in sizing of the icons on the Task View. Therefore, I suggest that you send this via Feedback Hub. In the Feedback Hub, you can submit a new issue, so that our
    developers could have a look at this and maybe add a feature that will allow the resizing of icons on the Task View in the future updates.

To submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On your PC, search for Feedback Hub in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    2. In the left menu, navigate to Feedback > Add a new feedback.
    3. Select the Problem, share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form. Click
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    5. Click Submit once you've completed the form and monitoring.
    6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item that you submitted.
    8. Open it, then click Share.
    9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like
      Storefronts Tools<unique link>).

Feel free to let us know if you need further information.

Mark Isi, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon

1. Task View - Cursor freeze - Defender Icon - Similar Threads - Task View Cursor

2. Remove icon from a Task View screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove icon from a Task View screen: When I create a task view it carries all icons I see on the original desktop. Can I remove items from the Task View I just created? If I do will the item still show on the original desktop? Win 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.B804) 174563
  3. Increase task view icon size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase task view icon size?: New to windows - Can I increase the size of task view window previews? As can be seen from attached image, they are unnecessarily small considering all the available space on the display. Also, is it possible to drag and rearrange the ordering of virtual desktops? From what...
  4. TASK VIEW

in Windows 10 Customization
    TASK VIEW: Hello, how can i revert back to the old Task View button. It was completely fine before and now its practically unusable. Its extremely had to navigate between desktops and apps themselves....
  5. Task View

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View: I open Task View to clear all of the things I have done on the computer that day and generally it works. Yesterday and today there are two that won't delete. I even tried to remove it individually and it still won't go. I clicked on it to see if it was still an active task...
  6. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: Hello guys………………………. Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon the window closes....how can I keep the Task View widow open? Your help would be much appreciated....I am using Windows 10...
  7. Task View icon does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View icon does nothing: When I click on the Task View button nothing happens. FWIW I login with a LOCAL account not a Microsoft Account, so I'm guessing this feecher only works if one logs in with an MS account. Is that right? If so how the halibut is it supposed to work for Domain users? Dave...
  8. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639
  9. Task View and Icon next to it disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View and Icon next to it disappears: I have Show Task View Button enabled. I pinned a File Explorer and a Google Chrome icon to the taskbar. In the taskbar reading left to right is the Task View Button then next to that is the File Explorer icon then the Chrome icon next to that. It seems at random the Task...
  10. Cursor icon blocking view of folders during move

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor icon blocking view of folders during move: This subject came up about 3 years ago in the Seven Folder when evaluating whether I should move my stable of 22 WinXP3 systems to Win 7. Never made the move since Win7, win8 and Win 8-1 seemed to be a downgrade from WinXP3. I have just installed Win 10 on a Dell Computer...